Socal Motor Bicycle Racing At Grange Motor Circuit! May 31st, 2014!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The second race of the year at this popular track is less than a month away, who's gonna go RACE? Come out and see some really cool builds, hang out with people who like to race and build bikes for fun and even serious racing.

Don't just hear about it, be a part of it and enjoy the action! Details of the race are at: [email protected]

You can sign up for the news letter at:https://tinyletter.com/MotorBicycleRacing

See you at the Races!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks Scott, its actually only 23 days if you don't count today.

Going to be CCW if Jim gets the sunscreen up on the pre stage frame
at the bottom of the track that has been gone for a while.

There is a drifting event on Friday 30th but Jim said he is kicking them
off the track at 5pm sharp. :D

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well it looks like I will be the only one racing so far.......should be an easy win! If you are interested in this event, you just might want to chime in and let the promoter know so things can run smoothly as far as classes and race numbers are concerned.

If not, see you at the race if you do show and don't want to help with pre- registration and possible fast results posted. Ya can't piss and moan if you can't at least help 1 iota.

I know a handful or two of racers that will be there, but what about the rest of you slow pokes? You think your fast? Bring it to the track and find out! All level of racers are welcomed.....yes this means YOU.

Be there! (or zip it)

brnot

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

FULL FACE DOT rated helmet or better like Snell.
No bicycle helmets.
No novelty motorcycle / skateboard helmets without DOT certification.

Eye protection.

Adequate Gloves. No bare hands.

Knee and elbow pads or
Full Leathers or
Motocross Gear with knee and elbow padding.

If you wear a heavy leather jacket you don't need elbow pads.

Long pants, no shorts or exposed skin please.

Ankle protecting footwear or boots.

Fire extinguisher.

The pit road speed limit is 5 mph and will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.

A Back Protector and Shoulder Padding is Highly Recommended.

A DOT helmet is required by California law to ride a
gas powered motorized bicycle or Moped on the streets.

All levers such as brake and clutch must have ball ends.
Handle bars must have plugged ends.
All items like mirrors, side stands, any part that can stab you must be removed.

All race bike must have adequate front and rear brakes.

Kill switch and a throttle that is spring loaded to close.

All entries must have functioning pedals.

No multi speed shiftable Motorcycle engines.

No Motorcycle or Moped tires.
Bicycle tires only.

All 4 strokes must have oil catch cans if the breather tube
doesn't recirculate into the motor.

7.999 HP is the limit on the Midrange Class

11.999 HP is the limit on the top race Class.

Unlimited Class is over 12 HP
No water cooled 2 stroke 80cc / 125cc kart motors.

Exceptions can be made to these few rules upon request.

TROPHIES for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Races of two 6 lap Heats & one 10 or 12 lap Final.

1) Amateur China Girl (48cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl)

2) Intermediate China Girl (66 cc aka "80" China Girl)

3) Midrange (8 HP Class Limit)

4) 11 HP
Unlimited ( class run with 11 HP )

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I know it ain´t racing but maybe a few well situated/convenient location- cruise/rides with planned organized fun may revive what appears to be dwindling interest in the race events.

maybe someone recalls my idea for a -MERRY GO RIDE -around LA
start somewhere and make a big circle allowing others to join in for any part of the circle they may like with appointed rally and start to ride location/times well posted;

me-in EU until later june

ride safe

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I know it ain´t racing but maybe a few well situated/convenient location- cruise/rides with planned organized fun may revive what appears to be dwindling interest in the race event
Hey buba, why don't you start your own thread because this one is just about the May 31st race.

There is a whole new crowd of racers coming on May 31st that don't belong to this forum.

There is a school in San Marcos that has a shop program that is building motorized bikes and racing them at SMBR events.
We had two18 year old young ladies and a 17 year old guy at the last race who came with their teacher.
We also had an 11 year old and his 14 year old brother who raced with their father and a 7 year old raced for the first time.
I will be bringing a local Orange County crew for the China girl Amateur class.

Scott at Silver State Cycles will be bringing his whole crew of Amateur racers on his board track frames.
Scott is still offering to pay your race entry fee if you are racing one of his very cool and affordable Silver State board track frames.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Only 20 days to the next Socal Motor Bicycle Racing event at Grange Motor Circuit

Socal Motor Bicycle Racing is membership only now to race.

Please pay your $5 yearly membership fee before the next race on Sat May 31st at 10am to keep your race # for 2014.
Thanks
Any race # not claimed by that date is open to the first racer who wants it.

If you are not coming to any SMBR events this year you can keep your # by paying $25 for the year.

The SMBR membership fee fund is being used to buy 2 way radio's, a portable PA system and other race necessities.

Any excess funds will be rolled over to 2015.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya buba, who do you think you are? neil how do you get away with all your business advertisements on all your posts? i could be wrong that your paying, but your advertisement's are everywhere. more so than all the others put together either your a genius or someone's getting a bad deal and paying for it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...neil how do you get away with all your business advertisements on all your posts? i could be wrong that your paying, but your advertisement's are everywhere. more so than all the others put together either your a genius or someone's getting a bad deal and paying for it.
If you see rule violations of any kind, in this case Rule 4: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2 please use the "report" feature by clicking the icon
located on the top right of the posts/threads in question.

Doing this doesn't necessarily result in an infraction nor is it "tattling" as it simply submits the posts/threads to all staff simultaneously for review & record keeping, which allows us to tally previous complaints & most importantly ascertain the needs of our members at large. A post can be reported for any reason not just rule violations, like a request to review any thread/post or even edit/delete your own should you wish.

We do try to keep unsolicited advertisements, business & sponsor promotion to a minimum to provide as unbiased an environment as possible for the memberbase - requiring all advertisements be confined to our 'Swap and Shop' section by merchants, or in this instance our 'Events, Races and Rallies' section... the latter admittedly somewhat of a gray area as while it's not a merchant, it is sponsor promotion for a commercial race event.

So insofar as what exactly constitutes undue or excessive business promotion in the 'Events, Races and Rallies' section, so far we've been allowing the OP to promote their own sponsors within their own event thread, but not in others. If however enough members find such promotion & advertisements offensive, misleading and/or inappropriate - we will rectify the situation.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't see any profits as in income or cash being posted in this race thread and to post it in shop and swap would be absurd....and prize contingencies don't pay the bills. What's the stink?

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Yo Neil

glad to hear things are going well for you....
I thought I had seen a post by you stating a poor showing from the motorbicycling crowd at your last event--

pardon me!!!!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'll be there with the family to enjoy another day of fun racing with my new complete home build.
.we.
Great, you got #345
I got your email about your new 2 wheel racer.
Did you know that we raced Gopeds and GoQuad 4 wheeled mini Mario karts at the April 12th Willow race?
If you still have your 4 Wheeler you would have fun chasing those GoQuads which race on the half track at Grange.

It's always a pleasure to see you and your family at the races!
We missed you guys at the last few races. :)

Last edited:

23tiny

Aug 8, 2011
california
Thanks Neil and all who help put together these events that are exciting to watch and even more thrilling to participate in.

I was at the last two or three races as a spectator, seeing some awesome racing and super nice looking bikes out on the track. But the last race was even more exciting to watch as I had no idea that the race machines would be so diverse. I just couldn’t wait to share the details with my boys. I got to speak with a school teacher who has a class or program that teaches students how to build motorized bikes. I also got to see them race on the track. I’m hoping to make it out more to participate with my 4 wheeler and new motorized bike, got my sights on a win. Let’s race!

.we.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Neil, I will be attending the race. Number 79, 4 stroke midrange class. Either running a honda gc190, or a briggs 5hp flathead. And I am currently shopping for a full face helmet,

Thanks,

Gilbert

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's great hearing from friends of past races and that they are gonna be there....can't wait!

I'll be racing in the Unlimited class as usual and if all goes well, I might be racing an old scoot of mine.....should be good fun and something different to add to this event. See you all there for sure!

.wee.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey Neil, I will be attending the race. Number 79, 4 stroke midrange class. Either running a honda gc190, or a briggs 5hp flathead. And I am currently shopping for a full face helmet,

Thanks,

Gilbert
Awesome, either motor will be a good Midrange class racer.

If we can get a good scoring crew and the co-operation of the
racers the Midrange class will have a 2nd sets of trophies for the
smaller motored and slower bikes.

Your Honda GC190 would be in the higher class and your 5hp Briggs
the lower class.

Thanks for the full face helmet reminder because there can be no
exceptions to that rule to ride on the race track since April 12th.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
scotto, are you gonna bring your rollerblades too? :)
I don't own a pair of rollerblades.......never have and never will.

You must have me confused from your bros back East......I never strap anything with wheels to my feet......never! That's just asking for trouble as I can only do two wheels at a time...not four or eight.

Tell you what though, I'll race that scooter against any two-stroke you bring to the race......are you game???
A drag race would be a blast!

Or you can use your rollerblades if you feel more comfortable laff

;)

Last edited: