Where is the mixture screw?

GoldenMotor.com

AlysianAngel

Jul 22, 2008
I probably have read a good hand full of instruction manuals on how to operate, maintain, and install the engine. Almost on all of the manuals they tell us to :

After every 5 hours of operation check the adjustment of the mixture screw by rotating screw clockwise until seated and
then rotate screw 4½ turns back counterclockwise.

So where is this mixture screw they talk about? More or less is there any page out there that could provide more information on the carburetor?

Also does anyone have the good tips on tuning the bikes engine for best performance and longevity?

Thanks

Angel

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Some pictures of your bike would help. Especially pics of the carb. Glad you joined us..........................

AlysianAngel

Jul 22, 2008
The mixture screw was mentioned on my 2 cycle engine installation guide, so that's why i was wondering if it would apply to a 2 cycle engine. So if the mixture screw doesn't apply for 2 cycle engines, why would they publish it?

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
I think some of the Wizzer carbs Have a mixure screw Dave Is going to get me one when i'm ready and have evrything else fixed up.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
A rc carb and a higher quality 2 stroke engine will have the mixture adjustment screws.
A happy time carb has a NEEDLE with a taper.

Look up Normans posts on carbs.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The mixture screw was mentioned on my 2 cycle engine installation guide, so that's why i was wondering if it would apply to a 2 cycle engine. So if the mixture screw doesn't apply for 2 cycle engines, why would they publish it?

Have you read the rest of the instructions yet? They are pretty messed up for the most part.....lost in translation.