Direct straight carb intake to engine

GoldenMotor.com

rider131

Jul 30, 2010
Canada
xct2hi ive had my bike engine bike for 2 months i had 300km on it at the time of the modification and it always bothered me to watch the stock intake my bike had so one day, i decided to take it off chop it to just a little over an inch long and when i took it off i noticed the gasket between the intake and cylinder was covering too much of the intake port, so i decided to snip the excess off with scissors.

next was the intake tube, the part you would bolt on the engine well the hole inside was also schrunk because of poor welding it covered up the hole a good 2-3 mm so i grinded that off and i put everything back together.

eversince then i have done over 200km with this mod and i dont regret it, the bike runs alot smoother
the response has quite greatly improved, and i get over 6km/h gain. i also believed that i have gained rpm because my engine revs like it has never reved before. one more thing when bolting back the intake to the engine you will have to change the original bolts that are usually there for see through bolts and cover up the first 3 inches of your gas cable from the carb with aluminum tape or paper.
ive also set the c clip inside the carb on the needle to the lowest point clip. 0034.jpg

0051.jpg

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
xct2hi ive had my bike engine bike for 2 months i had 300km on it at the time of the modification and it always bothered me to watch the intake my bike had so one day, i decided to take it off chop it to just a little over an inch long and wheni took it off i noticed the gasket between the intake and cylinder was covering too much of the intake port, so i decided to snip it off with scissors.

next was the intake tube, the part you would bolt on the engine well the hole inside was also schrunk because of poor welding it covered up the hole a good 2-3 mm so i grinded that off and i put everything back together.

eversince then i have done over 200km with this mod and i dont regret it, the bike runs alot smoother
the response has quite greatly improved, and i get over 6km/h gain. i also believed that i have gained rpm because my engine revs like it has never reved before. one more thing when bolting back the intake to the engine you will have to change the original bolts that are usually there for see through bolts and cover up the first 3 inches of your gas cable from the carb with aluminum tape or paper.
ive also set the c clip inside the carb on the needle to the lowest point clip. View attachment 27482

View attachment 27483
Looking at the pictures, how level is the fuel bowl?