Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Why did I join this great forum?

I just want to share my reasons why I joined this forum, how it all began... so that you might wanna share your reasons too... :)

It all started when I needed an alternative mode of portable transportation, which I can use for my daily transportation. Then I saw this Mr. Bean movie with a motorized bicycle in it. That's where I got the idea in the first place. So like everybody else, a guy would do what is expected, search the internet... so before I bought my kit, had to do some research. It all said that installation was easy, as long as the engine can fit the bicycle frame. So I bought the kit, then try to find a frame to fit it. Finding a seller was also a bit a problem because very few had international shipping back then. So I completed my build. But I wanted more performance without affecting longevity... then did some research again. And all search engines seems to always take me to this great site. So I began reading, and found that I'm going to have some problems, since most of the problems I have read, I have not encountered yet. And as I read through the forum, it seems that everybody was friendly and very helpful, and that everybody was having fun, so I joined this great forum.

Then it happened, yup all the problems mentioned, I did encounter, but now at least I know what to do, what to expect, and how it can be fixed. It gave me hope in these engines, as long as we don't give up.

Great many thanks to this forum and to all the members!!! Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I had seen motorized bikes in the past, mostly the rack mount type. I have been into two wheeled motorized contrivances for about 40 years now. I was looking on ebay for something completely unrelated, and stumbled upon the dax listing.

Since you asked...... I joined this forum because the other place I was at booted me because I mentioned that they were very rude to newbs and that maybe the hobby would suffer for it.

Yes, that is all it took.

They were very classy about it.....a couple of them threatened me with violence! Afterwards the main mod *augidog* apologized to me because he was "bi-polar as all get out"....then let the ban stand.

I came to this site when I found out about it, and have been here for awhile now. I like to help and help shortcut the learning curve for others.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Why did i join this forum, you ask? i know somebody asked. or at least thought, "man, WTF is that bairdco guy doing here. what a jackass..."

i joined because i moved to Costa Mesa and was riding my skateboard to the store, and this loud, smoky, flat black piece of crap rode past me, and i was all, "hunh? what the heck was that?"

so i googled it and found this place. wait, that's not right. first, i looked on ebay and saw a semi-cool lookin' old schwinn with a motor for 800 bucks. i thought, "i have 800 bucks. that'd be cool to have."

then i googled it and found this place. and i found out that that old schwinn wasn't 800 dollars cool. it was more like 400 dollars cool. but i still didn't buy it. i made my own. then i made another. and another...

[sarcasm font] now, i stick around here just to make fun of people and show off how much cooler my bike's are than everyone else's.[/sarcasm font]

Last edited by a moderator:

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Came to spread the word of electric bicycles So others might learn and enjoy them as much as i do. Outside of dedicated e-bike forums people don't seem to know much about the modern technology and how well modern e-bikes perform in both speed and range hopefully
i might be able to help out some people looking at bulding their own e-bikes like i did myself.

KiM

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
There are so many sponsors (mb dealers) to get gear from, and all the unlimited tips & ideas, and problems that are worked out. (24/7)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Since you asked...... I joined this forum because the other place I was at booted me because I mentioned that they were very rude to newbs and that maybe the hobby would suffer for it.
I know what you mean about that "other site" now.
I was banned as well because I mentioned my keylock ignition and wire upgrade with pictures for the posters question about wiring problems.

If they don't want me around helping others so be it.
I just have to shake my head at total bans for something like that too funny as I run several forums and a "time out" is usually anyone gets. They have to really be a jerk to get a total ban.

There is a lot less starch in the shorts here, and not a corn cob in sight ;-}

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Yupz i'm also banned from "the other" forum also Its by far the worst run forum i have every been associated with, motorbicycling is light years ahead.

KiM

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I joined because I absolutely love this. I am into all sorts of other things, but this is very different for some reason. This is the only forum that I have ever joined or participated in. It is refreshing to see that there are others out there that are like minded (maybe not with the JB weld though) and enjoy similar things. I played with the 4 stroke kit for a couple of years before upgrading to the horizontal motorcycle engine. Turns out that there were a few others into that as well. Lots of good information, debate, and fellowship here. I'm glad to be a part of it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i was banned from the other forum also for trying to help. i know this program that runs the sites pretty well but when i offered to help and gave a few suggestions to make the programing run smoother the guy got really nasty with me and i was told if i thought i could do it better to do it my own site so i did one. not sure if this one is better because they both have great members and things you can learn. i know i like this one better but of course i am partial

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I joined back in the day because the other site wouldn't help me except for Norman. Norman is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
i had a 2 stroke in high school (5 years ago then army then iraq then i got to come back missed it so much so i got a 4 stroke ) the other forum we all speak of has changed from i rember it being i joined when it was like 20 guys now if u post a question no one will awnser seems they got all snooty still check in look around but this is my site know i rember audidog never had a problem with him he always helped me out i rember that was the main guy who awnsered all my questions glad theirs a more advanced site with a better comunity of riders

got my kits from dax (would recomend ).flg.usflg

Shane McB

Jul 15, 2010
California
i just joind this great forum because everyone is vary help full and i dont even have a bike yet but getting ready to order one as soon as i can and as far as ive seen u all treat each other like the best of friends cant wait to learn more thank you all

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I got into this hobby when my Dad was looking on the net for electric bike kits and stumbled onto gasbike.net. He ordered one of the 48cc kits, spur of the moment. I laughed at him when he told me what he had ordered. But when it came in, I helped him install it on a cheapy Schwinn Del Mar and decided that it actually looked pretty cool. Then I went for a ride! That day I ordered my own kit. I moved in with my old man when I started trade school to be an aircraft mechanic, it helps not having to pay rent when you are a full time student. Now that I've graduated and work part time in my field, I still live here because of that PART TIME part of my job. But motorized bikes have given me and Dad something to do together. It has become our father-son thing. He currently has 2 bikes up and running and I'm working on my second build. So far we are only two of three people in this town that have a motorized bicycle and the other guy is a real A-hole, so we don't associate.

I joined this forum because everyone seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I figured that when I needed to ask a question, this would be the place to ask. I never even saw the "other" forum until after I had joined this one. From what little I have read "over there" it doesn't look like a place that I want to be a part of.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
A guy at work showed up riding one of these contraptions one day and I knew I had see it before, like from my childhood

It was driving me crazy so I went on a cyber quest and kept running into this site
I mentioned it to my mother and she reminded me of an old rusted dilapidated Schwinn Whizzer that belonged to my dad in my grandmother's barn that I used to play on when I was about 3 or 4
Then she showed me a picture of her first bike that her father had pick up in New Orleans , a Simplex

I told an older friend about it and he promptly ordered an engine from a guy with a bumblebee logo and a Walmart Huffy Cranbrook
That thing was the most fun I have had in a long time, both building and riding

Then I bought a used motorized mountain bike, that I still can't get running, for my oldest son and an OCC chopper along with a good running Kikker Napa Bonesaw scooter, for $125, to build into a motor scoot for his daughter

I finally found the bike I wanted as my first, a Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and ordered my 66cc motor for it two days ago

I'm fairly invested into the hobby now and this is the best forum I have found for it

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I joined both forums about the same time 2 years ago, found out about them almost simultaneously.
I posted more on the other site, no reason but time constraints allow only so much input.
Never had a problem on either site......until the past week. New moderator there, inexperienced and on some kind of power trip handing out infractions. When I questioned that I was banned, lol.
Respect is earned.

Oh well, good to be amongst the outcast, lol.

Ride on.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Happy

Welcome, This Place Is Like A Gentle Forgiving Wife! I Got 7 Point Against Me Over There A Few Days Ago. I Think They Like It More Like An Owners Manual. I Have Friends On Both Forums, I Think! Lol.

I Get Po At These Carburators, Thats Enough Anger For Me, In My Senior Yrs!!

Ron

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Thanks NT, already feel at home.
So what'd ya do, 7 points for missing a punctuation mark, lol.
The timing sounds like maybe you got hit by the same little man who's taking
being a mod on a wrench turners forum waaaaay too seriously, lol.
Enough of that, ride on.