Missing opportunity

GoldenMotor.com

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Dax sells a part that I believe we are overlooking as a motored bicycle building community . Page 4 in parts . One of our major wishes is to use the bicycles gears . The problem is of course the drive shafts rotational direction on the motors available to us . We require a jack shaft setup to get the drive sprocket to the proper side to work with the bicycles geared rear end . or have the motor off on a precarious offset on the other side of the bike .

This setup is for the "clone" engines . It is a "Power Take Off" . It not only has a gear reduction but it also changes the directional rotation or the drive shaft . This is a fairly wide bolt on though . It contains the centrifugal clutch and the gear reduction unit . .... D.J.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I wish I knew the inside gears strength and such, but I do know it's too wide just to bolt on and line up - even with the outer chain ring and an extended axle - on a normal bike. But it would be very cool on a custom bike. 5:1 hmm.... let me think about that.....

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I believe that the unit has adequate strength . I just bought a bike with a similar setup , that is said to do up to 40mph and carry a 300 pound max. load . It is very wide though because it also has an electric start .