Felt Torch. To motorize; or not to motorize?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That is the question. Picked this up this morning. Been watching it on the local C.L. for bout a month. Started at $600 this morning he dropped it to $400 and I SNAGGED IT! Same dude I bought the Chief from too!. First one I have seen for sale. They show up a lot on ebay Germany but not around here... For now it stays a pedal bike for excersizing my bulldog puppy. But Im thinking down the road a hub drive electric with twin bottle battery's on the seat stays painted to match ( mit flames) It already has a S.A 70mm front drum brake too! Has some scratches and skuffs but hey! Its a rare and semi sexy Felt Chopper. :) .flg.

Attachments

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I have a Felt Bandit. Mine is running 24x3 tires front and rear with a 3 speed. When I got it my intentions were to motor it. After riding it a while, I fell in love with it. It is my #1 rider. I have thought many times about dropping my Whizzer drivetrain in it.

Here is mine:

They are great bicycles! Whatever you decide, you will enjoy that bike.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OOF TA! Nice one Highway! Can we get a better side shot showing off how the shorter but thicker front wheel looks? Took Luna for a jog this morning with the bike. She had it down after about 5 blocks worth. Only a few corrections and she LOVED IT. Been thinking more about electrifying it. Was gona electrify the Cycle-Truck first but this is funer to ride :)

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
OOF TA! Nice one Highway! Can we get a better side shot showing off how the shorter but thicker front wheel looks? Took Luna for a jog this morning with the bike. She had it down after about 5 blocks worth. Only a few corrections and she LOVED IT. Been thinking more about electrifying it. Was gona electrify the Cycle-Truck first but this is funer to ride :)
Here you go:

The bike also has Felts 3pc crank with Felt Back Pedals. The only parts that are not made by Felt are the seat and suspension seat post.

I would keep it the way it is. If you want a motored chopper, pick up a Nirve. They are not near as rare.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
THANKS HIGHWAY! That looks HOT! Did you find a big difference with the seatpost ? Worth the $ Denero? Norm: Its got a bunch of little scrapes and scratches some noticeable and some not. Its been used well. I wont do anything to it that cant be undone back to stock. Wish I had some touch up paint. The last time I email'd Felt to ask it they had any ( for the Chief) never got a reply. EDIT: The fake chrome on the hand grips is all rubbed off and looks like crapola. Anybody got a source for replacement Sturmey Archer 3 speed hand grips?

Last edited:

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Yeah, the seat post does its job. The seat swivels a tiny bit when pedaling too. Not very much at all. As odd as it sounds, it makes for a very comfy ride.

The best part about the fat tires is that they make it really easy to ride in sand. I take this one out on the beach all of the time.

Again, congrats on the killer deal!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is the question. Picked this up this morning. Been watching it on the local C.L. for bout a month. Started at $600 this morning he dropped it to $400 and I SNAGGED IT! Same dude I bought the Chief from too!. First one I have seen for sale. They show up a lot on ebay Germany but not around here... For now it stays a pedal bike for excersizing my bulldog puppy. But Im thinking down the road a hub drive electric with twin bottle battery's on the seat stays painted to match ( mit flames) It already has a S.A 70mm front drum brake too! Has some scratches and skuffs but hey! Its a rare and semi sexy Felt Chopper. :) .flg.
Everything gets a motor from now on.....give me a pair of roller skates, I'll motorize them :D

4-Stroke chopper!(c)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
HEE HEE ! I'd love to do a hybrid 4 stroke / electric but Im thinking more and more bout a pure electric drive for this one. That way if I ride it to work I can take it right inside to the office for security reasons. Crystal light hub at 72v and a battery in saddle bags or a bag on a sissy bar.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
What if there is a power outage and you can't charge it, I think a hybrid with both fuel and elect engines would be to yer advantage, don't see to many in a hybrid Dennis Hopper Choppers.