New in NC

GoldenMotor.com

iflyos

Sep 14, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Hey guys,

I am a new member (why else would I be posting here?) and I have been in love with the idea of MAB's for a few years now, since I saw my first one at a giant scale Radio Control meet I attend.

A little about me: I am married with a toddler son, I design build and fly radio control planes, form 13" wingspans up to 35% scale birds. I am also an amateur radio operator, and I play (at) guitar. I have always "tinkered with stuff," and enjoy getting my hands dirty.

I just picked up my first MAB today, from a good buddy I used to rock crawl with. It started life as a Huffy Beach Cruiser, but now has been stretched 8 inches, has a mountain bike (non suspension) fork, and a 66cc China Girl. It also has a custom rear brake system, actuated by a pedal on the left side of the bike at the chain stay. Custom tensioners, and a few other touches. Right now it is mostly black, and I intend to keep with the rat rod look, but will be adding a few touches of my own.

I was gonna build my first bike, but I got this one for a tremendous price, and I have known the previous owner for many years, and have been witness to his fab-ablilities, so I knew I was getting something good.

Anyway, enough about me...I look forward to lurking and getting to know more about these cool machines!

Tim
brnot

Attachments

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the forum, Tim. That's a nice looking bike, If you look around here you'll be able to find answers on everything from routine maintenance through customizing.

Ride safe, and have fun.