GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey LabRat! Early in this build I see a pic of the motor with a Downs Bros clutch on it. I have one that I havent used ( yet ) Have you given it a go and if so, HOW'd it go?

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Hey LabRat! Early in this build I see a pic of the motor with a Downs Bros clutch on it. I have one that I havent used ( yet ) Have you given it a go and if so, HOW'd it go?
Did not go. I am still a bit of a loss as to how to engineer the thing. Requires special engine to fit the damn thing. Well ok not a special engine but seems to fit right on 5hp or larger engines but not the smaller ones even if the shaft is thick enough. The shaft on the engine used was idk bit less than a half inch to short.

Then there is the engineering part how to make it play. It is going to take a specially made JS setup.

I still got mine, Wizzkid his, nether of us used it yet. Sure its something we can figure out but man I just wanted to get that bike out and ride him and we did builds awesome.

Are DB even making more? IDK someone of FB saying something about none available. No idea how they worked out on minibikes. \

Got another one coming subscribe to this thread Evolution of rust; a bear naked Coupe De Ville.

Thanks for reading my threads. I enjoy the comments. I will admit I am quite the attention whore!

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Talk is they're done.....I've yet to see one working on anything other than that gokart thing and who knows if it lasted or worked properly.....or was on it.
There's an option for that type clutch but I don't know if anyone's tried it. The one Taiwan joe sells for whizzers...multiple disc with pressure plate etc...mounts on a jack shaft mount with a pushrods going through it. Looks good but like I said,who's installed one?

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Talk is they're done.....I've yet to see one working on anything other than that gokart thing and who knows if it lasted or worked properly.....or was on it.
There's an option for that type clutch but I don't know if anyone's tried it. The one Taiwan joe sells for whizzers...multiple disc with pressure plate etc...mounts on a jack shaft mount with a pushrods going through it. Looks good but like I said,who's installed one?
Yes I saw that whizzer clutch on eBay as well. I cant tell how it works really and I have no idea who has used one. But it does have promise.