safety vest

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave I was just picking at Paul, I have bought the DVR sunglasses that he got and now the vest. When I ride I always wear bright colors.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
No one makes fun of me for riding a motorized bicycle anymore....I made them Kool!
Funny you say that ,all my mates thought my bike was stupid till I upgraded to a vintage style cruiser ,now every man and his dog want me to build them one because I'm the only person for 100miles that owns a motorised cruiser ,but alas I'll give it to you Dave ,you made them cool my friend

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Guys I've been wearing a vest for years for hunting, Georgia laws require 500 square inches of orange be worn above the waist. Funny no one has ever made fun of me, I wonder if its because of the high powered weapons that I carry.

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi paul!

Great idea. I bought a yellow one with orange stripes to wear on my night rides. Haven't used it yet though still designing the 12volt light system for my build. Cheap at Walmart, clearance, only cost me a couple of dollars.

Dave
AssembleThis

.rd.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Cycle gear has a military spec solar reflective vest for $50, adjustable size, I'm thinking of ordering one for myself soon.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Loud pipes also draw unnecessary attention to our hobby. And the guy that's driving down the road with his windows up and his stereo cranked is far more likely to see me before he hears me, and that's what I believe is going to save my life in that situation.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
yesterday I stumbled onto a secret for having people in cars give right of way to you when on a bicycle, stay with me here it's a bit of a long story.

so theres a small wooded area near my house with some short trails and a little creek, somone built some small moguls in a clearing and theres some hills back there too, perfect for some light mountain biking when I'm in the mood for exercise. there is a paved entrance from a cul-de-sac and an unnofical entrance around the block from a parkette. for the past few weeks there has been a fallen tree at roughly head level leaning across the paved entrance to the wooded area, not a big deal once you know it's there but a bit of a hassle none-the-less. (the first time I came through there was a close call though)

so after a few weeks of riding back there I got a little bit tired of having to dismount twice in fifty feet to exit via that path (theres a gate/chicane thing where the paved entrance meets the road, so you have to dismount there, but the naturally occuring one as well was too much hassle) and it felt silly to ride the trail to it's end, then turn around and ride back the way I came to avoid such a small obstacle.

With a couple of weeks having gone by it becme apparent that the local municipality wasn't going to deal with it, so I decided that I should. so I put on my crocs (surprisingly good cycling shoes BTW), slapped my baseball cap onto my head, grabbed the landlords hand-saw, and saddled up. Then I biked my way down there, chopped the tree up, dragged it off the path, and felt fairly chuffed with myself for a good deed well done.

After taking a short breather I took the saw in my hand, saddled up a began peddaling back home, along the route there were a couple of stop signs and a couple of turns. I always stop at stop signs, and hand signal whenever possible. grasping the saw handle and the handlebar in my right hand I was easily able to signal with my left, untill the last turn I had to make, A right turn. a smallish SUV had pulled in behind me and was making to pass, unsure if they also wanted to turn right where I was going to I did what came naturally, and signalled my intedned right turn.
With The Saw In My Right Hand.
The SUV was in fact trying to pass me, then turn in front of me, when I signaled they stopped dead and let me have right of way.

TL;DR: Not getting right of way? WAVE A RUSTY SAW AT CARS!