STOLEN: Kent LaJolla Gasbike - 8/21/14 - TUCSON, AZ

GoldenMotor.com

Teratoma

Apr 24, 2014
Arizona
Stolen from the Fry's at 1st Avenue and Grant Road around 5:30 PM on Thurday, 8/21/14. I had the seat with me, and the bike was locked. I wasn't in the store longer than 15 minutes.

I don't really expect much to come from this posting but I can't just sit here and do nothing. I loved that bike and relied on it for transportation to work. I built it myself only six months ago.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I will keep an eye out for it Teratoma and if I see any MB that even comes close to resembles yours I will stop them and talk to them.

Did you know a few years ago other then stolen vehicles the second most stolen item in Tucson was Motorized Bicycles? Motorized Bicycle theft is huge in Tucson.

My bike has even been stolen but I was lucky enough to track it down thanks to the kids mother. And it was right in that area by Fry's at my GF house that it was stolen.

A tip: If your bike is stolen and recovered by the police unless you can prove ownership you will never get it back. Receipts for the bike, engine kit, ect is not sufficient for the police department. The only registration of ownership the TPD acknowledges is https://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/ or a registration before the theft with the manufacture.

Last edited:

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
Wow sorry to hear this. What type of lock were you using? I would prefer to avoid a similar event. Hope you get it back!

dgbrown55

Jan 25, 2016
tucson az
hey teratoma.Man your post is really old but i just had my brand new Kent with a u-moto 48cc stolen at the walmart at wetmore and 1st ave. It seems to be a big problem here.I am so pissed off.It was my only transportation too.I worked hard to get that little machine and i loved her. Cops wont let me see the video of the white male with long hair and a camo jacket that stole it which infuriates me.they should have these worthless theives pictures posted everywhere. my theft occured at 6 pm on 1-22-16 within the front doors of walmart.10 minutes left alone. I was just at the Frys on !st and Grant trying to fill aprescription.Are you still a member here?

Teratoma

Apr 24, 2014
Arizona
Ugh. Very sorry to hear that. Still a member here but I don't post very often.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of time and money spent maintaining my bike, I've had to adjust my attitude about just how much I rely on it. As a result, I enjoy it more and it frustrates me less. Of course the downside is spending more time walking or on the bus.

It did manage to get me through the entire Suntran strike, for which I'm grateful, but now it's more of a hobby than a necessity.

Did you post on U-Moto's Facebook page? He let me post when mine was stolen even though he didn't build it.

Good luck to you; wish there was more I could do.