My tadpole with a china girl motor

GoldenMotor.com

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I thought I would finally show pictures of my latist project it started out as recumbant bike but I soon found out that I couldn't ride it so I decided to make it into Tadpole.Iv'e been working on this for about a month it's been a real challenge making all front end parts.I just got running and everything seems to work alright I still have alot of bugs to work on, but I have all winter to do it.I hope you enjoy it I never seen anything like it.

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Re: My tadpole with a china girl

Cool looking bike, if I ever get my boardie done , I m going to build a tadpole. Are you using plans or is it a scratch build?

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado

It's scratch built. I looked at soom picture from zombe bike but built it to my specks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Interesting project. Keep us informed on the progress. How about some details on the front end? What did you use for spindles and axle?

Tom

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado

I made the spindles from the necks on a bike and made it so the ackerman was correct for the bike. The axles are 14mm. from a BMX bike they're about .515th I think it strong enough to suport the weight.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado

Thanks Intrepid, The Atomic Zombie site is great for ideas. I wanted something low and compact and not too heavy. It took awhile to figure it all out especially the paddle system to the rear tire I still have some work to do on it. I'm going to make some followers for the chain.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado

0[3].jpg

0[1] (2).jpg

0[1].jpg
I made a trailer for my tadpole the other day it was a three wheel stroller I pick up for five dollors.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I haven't showed my trike for awhile over the winter I made a gas tank and added a sprocket brake. The brake does work but I still need to work on it.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I knew this was going to be interesting. It looks ridable. Is it up and running? It looks like it doesn't have a spark plug installed?

Have you given any thought to front disc brakes?

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. Nice build. Should be cool when it's done. I'm liking that rear fairing/fender/taillight mount.

Tom

Last edited:

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Thanks Tom, The rear fairing is also the gas tank. I did think of putting disc brakes on the front but the wheels with 14mm axles didn't have a way to put disc on them. The next trike will have 20mm axles and will be set up for disc. I'm making another trike almost like this one but you lay lower in it and it will be electric. I just started it cutting tubing and stuff to see how it looks.