Which exhaust??

GoldenMotor.com

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
I'm trying to decide between the kx 65 and the yz 85 exhaust. Crmachine sells the adaptors for the kx to make install easier but the guys at jn motors say they ran a dyno and the yz is better matched. Does Anyone have experience with either of these two exhausts?

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
The SBP kit, it's customisable to your bike and the power band you want. At $75, it's a good bargain too. Lots of members running them, haven't heard many complaints. Its my choice for install when money comes around again.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
The monster has a good point. But if you are set on the dirt bike pipes then, unless the dyno results were dramatically different, then choose the one with easier fitment. Also, the other day I checked crmachine website and the fire breather header pipe is currently out of stock.

check through some posts by Davezilla as I think he has used both.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
I have the sick bike pipe now .I want to upgrade from that because I know there's some Power Band I'm not achieving. My motor is heavily modified.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
You can check motorized bicycle forum under wags and "holly compresion." I have a detailed list of mods I did and ended up with 180psi. Compression. Oops. I'm working on that now.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
I don't think I have found the magic length yet. I have tried every every length of hair down to just fittings at this point to get me to the black pipe. The Next Step will be cutting into that black pipe to make that shorter. I did one better I didn't go down by quarters I went down by 8th. So I didn't miss it on the way down. I even added a couple inches to the original header and went down from there. So the only place at the powerband could be is even shorter the way I see it. Here's a quick question, I know every pipe and every engine is different and has to be tuned but at what RPM does your pipe kick in? Anybody that's running this sick bike pipe. I think that answer might help me. I've been told that the sick bike pipe powerband starts in the upper 7000 ask for it is intended for pit bikes and pocket rockets.