Predator 212cc gas tank question

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am not completely positive, but I think the tube would be an air vent. I am sure you know this already, but if a gas tank is air tight, it can cause poor flow to the carburetor. Outside air must be able to get into the tank to replace the volume of fuel that is being burnt. I am guessing that the tube is routed in that way so that fuel does not slosh out the gas cap tube and get onto the engine. I'm not sure what tank set up you are planning, but the cap should have an air vent.

Gilbert

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
The thing is is that the tube on top goes into a box, then comes out, and goes through another box ( i don't know what these boxes do which is why i'm referring to them as a box) and then the final tube goes straight into the Head.

this tube right here : http://i.imgur.com/xyOH3Ad.jpg the one going straight into the piece of metal that says OHV

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I'm sorry, I have not used a predator engine before, but I have seen friend's bikes with them. My friends used a gas tank made to fit the frame, so the stock tank, hoses, and all extra boxes were deleted, so I know you can run without them.

Maybe someone with more first hand experience will chime in, but I am guessing the extra boxes and hoses are for emissions, as MotoMagz suggested.

Sorry I could not be more informative,

Gilbert

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I did a little bit more digging and i think that all i would need is to to add a vented gas cap to my tank for it to function correctly. thanks for the help.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, the stock 212cc Pred tank that is CARB compliant (made for California) has a charcoal canister that the tank breather hose is incorporated in. It's kind of disguised as they hide it to look like part of the tank...lol.

As stated above it's for emissions and not for functionality of the engine......just bypass it or eliminate it altogether.