Need some Briggs OHV help

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
So... my buddy destroyed my pressure washer engine. To save time, I replaced it with a 212 predator. But now I want to fix it and make something of it. Heck, it's already broke, so why not?!

It's also a straight 3/4" shaft engine! Not tapered like most pressure washers.

He ran it low on oil. The rod and crank bearings are fine, I already checked them. The problem is that it lost lubrication to the valve train and it broke the exhaust valve. So I know I need an exhaust valve... probably a LOT more. I'm planning on smoothing out the scratches on the head and piston, but that may not be enough. Remarkably, the cylinder wall is still in great shape, but I'll hone it a little probably.

The question I have is what other heads do you think I could use? For instance, the gx200 can fit a gx160 head and gain compression, and it bolts right up with little issue. Are there any other options like that, but for my 5.5hp OHV Briggs engine?

See, I can find the right head without any issue. I'm just not going to pay the price of a brand new predator, just to buy parts for an old crappy Briggs. If I can find another (possibly more abundant) alternative, then I can justify trying to save the engine. Otherwise, it's going in the scrap pile.

Specs:
Model 121432 0024 E1
5.5hp OHV
Supposedly a 205cc model? I'm seeing different info on this, ranging from 190-206cc?