Anyone tried Manic Mechanics Gen II Head?

GoldenMotor.com

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
hey i came upon this aftermarket head called the manic mechanics gen II head
Manic Mechanic Gen II Head
and was wondering if anyones tried it and did they get any performance improvements.
i was considering shaving the block of the engine or even the head to raise compression on my engine but then saw this and it says raised compression.

i have a 26" motorized mountain bike and am looking for more speed like everyone else.
i have the shift kit on it and can get up to 25mph really fast but usually top out around 33 flat and maybe 38 downhill if im in 7th gear. ive read reviews on people saying the shift kit got them to 45mph, and im in high doubt there truthful. 45mph is crazy fast on these things and you would have to have alot more power then these little things. or a big hill.

i plan on buying slicker tires and the sbp expansion chamber. but really want to try this Gen II head out but dont know if its legit.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
have you ported out your motor and really done a performance tune? Tried the Puch high RPM CDI? Balanced your crankshaft?

Aftermarket parts can net you a lot of extra oomph, but only if you're set up to really harness it.

BTW, I'd reccomend maxxis hookworm tires or specialized hemispheres. good durable tires.

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
my exhaust is ported thats all, and thanks for the advice on the tires. i plan on upgrading next paycheck.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
Yeah, be sure to check the transfer port ceilings, and chamfer ALL the ports. A round nosed single cut carbide burr is a good choice for everything but the chamfering, use the dremel sanding discs for that. A little extra width on the intake and exhaust helps these guys, but in reality, you're still limited by the transfers and the intake restrictions.

A puch hi compression head is a worthwhile investment, not so much for the higher compression as much as for the massive cooling fin area and machines combustion chamber. Might need to be drilled out to fit 8mm studs, but works like a charm on my 50CC.
As for the tires, hemispheres if you go for broke flat out speed, hookworm 2.5's if you're a cruiser and your frame fits the damn things, they are like baloons made of goodyear rubber.