Goodyear Highway Patrol

GoldenMotor.com

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Here is another bike in line for a motor. It is a Goodyear Highway Patrol made by Columbia. I picked this up at a local auction for a steal. The tire /wheel combo was borrowed from my Felt to give me an idea of what kind of potential the frame has. It is screaming for an in frame tank.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't know what you paid for it but I saw one here in Denver a couple of years ago. The guy was asking $500.00 for it and it wasn't in as good a shape as yours. Good luck. That should be a sweet machine and I agree with the in-frame tank. It needs one.
Tom

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I don't know what you paid for it but I saw one here in Denver a couple of years ago. The guy was asking $500.00 for it and it wasn't in as good a shape as yours. Good luck. That should be a sweet machine and I agree with the in-frame tank. It needs one.
Tom
Would you believe $2.50, yup two dollars and fifty cents! Auctions rule!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
In the words of Emerson, Lake and Palmer: "Oooooo what a lucky man he was" :)

Good find my friend. And good luck. Keep us posted.
Tom

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
as broadrick crawford would say ''2150 to headquarters bye, out!'' highway patrol 1958 [he was over 300lb's and would run down criminals in 20 feet] my hero!

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Very nice bike, also is the front new or original
Thank you. Those are not the original forks,but I do have the original along with the chaingaurd. Unfortunatly, there doesn't seem to be enough room for what I want to do with it. I may sell this or the '52 Schwinn Speedster.

I think my next build is going to using one of Dax's 50cc KTM style motors on a Dyno Roadster.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i'd like to see that! i have a roadster with a s-5n and when its time to replace the motor i was thinking the same thing. just be sure it can stop! dennis