Muffler/tailpipe solutions?

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Anybody have any tailpipe and or muffler tips-

I'm trying to quiet a 66- and I got an extended muffler and pipe from boygofast on ebay-

Doesn't fit my cruiser- so I'm thinking of cutting the old tailpipe to make a joiner-

Is there a good flexible coupling material? exterior of pipes is 7/8"

Is there copper or flexline anywhere? Havent yet looked around much-

Something to fit over ends of cut pipe and some flex might help. Will it clamp on? Don't know. I don't have brazer torch now.

also 25mm METRIC thread (I think) joins muffler to pipe- where can I find large metric fittings like this?

Also where can one get good clamps for muffler and/or pipe that would fit on the cruiser chainstay otherwise?

I was disappointed, because the part looks so damn good otherwise- chrome and long extension- recommend a more expensive one that drops UNDER bottom bracket- seems out of stock at livefast motors on e-bay.

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I used high temp silicone tubing with two clamps to join the pipe. It works very good, the flexibility in the tube remove vibrations as well. I bought my silicone tube in a store specialized on tubing and pipes, it was rather expensive but I needed only like 4 inches.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Saw the silicone tubing at Sickbikeparts- about 8 dollars and shipping

but I've decided I can probably make a coupling from a 16 ounce aluminum beer can- I'll wrap it around backwards with the shiney side out and use some radiator hose clamps to hold it at each end

the worm clamps come in different sizes, and I think that they may make a nifty hanger clamp- one on pipe or muffler, one on bike, and one angled the other way between those two-

At any rate, theres very little clearnce for the pipe to get past the crank arm and stay out of the chain- I really want to quiet this down- I may use aluminum cans to wrap around the muffller and for heat sheild- they seem to be just the right size, and 16 ounce ones are longer