Cruiser Modifications/Experience using opti-2

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I've been planning on modifying the cruiser up, for one, I think I'm going to make my chain longer, so I can add a bottom mount to my tensioner( the only reason I don't have one now is beacuse it made the chain WAY too tight, so I'll just make a new chain), just for extra precaution(even though as is..it is BEYOND solid, I don't ride faster than the legal speed of 30/35 mph anyway). I'm running #41 roller chain, the 415 kept stretching which is typical for the kit "rubber bands" I pulled out the bolts from my exhaust as they were only temporary anyway, and used shorter ones that were included with a "U-bolt mount..buddy gave it to me for free! I think he has another one laying around somewhere. He's selling a really nice Jeep Wrangler Bicycle(blue and white, front suspension front and rear discs, I was going to trade him my cruiser, I just like motoring from time to time). I used a tiny dab of molley grease on the gears. The cruiser is NOT done, and is going to be tweaked here and there. What I really like about it..is that the frame doesn't rattle or vibrate, it's all solid. I'll also be adding a clamp to the exhaust although, for those of you who have run the SD chamber...it's not much heavier than the stock exhaust and is about the same length. This was never intended to be the "final product" it's just the current progress I have. It rides beautifully, it is definitely the best bicycle I've built. The engine itself is the same kit JNMotors sells, it has a very odd finish to it, it's got some nice hardware with it too. But anyway, I might flip the tensioner around(ultimately I'll replace it, I cut it when it was on an old build and it actually did look good at the time, this kit was on a "USA" steel frame huffy, I just took the whole kit off and swapped it to this set of wheels. The bike was too tall(I could have run 24" wheels and that probably would have fixed it...I just don't fathom the idea) A good buddy of mine and I have started building and we will be riding this spring, For pictures, you should PM me and then I can email them to you. I get on the computer as much as I can, but I'm not constantly on. I have quite a busy day as I repair and rebuild computers for friends. I've used spring loaded tensioners but haven't had much luck with those, only on a few builds. I'm running opti-II in a single gallon of gas, that's some really good stuff. the engine loves it, a whole packet in a gallon and you're set. At first I was really hesitant about opti-2...so to cure my paranoia, I threw it in my string trimmer(non usa made) and ran it for 10 minutes, gave it throttle, it was a beauty. Threw it in the fuel tank, rode around for a few minutes, it really smoothed things out. It really is a smooth ride, it's not bumpy or jerky(even at lower speeds) I am running a 40 tooth sprocket, I may run a 38 in the future, I also have 7-speeds, perfect for pedaling or motoring around on. Oh and if you're considering opti-2....do it, I didn't regret it. I pulled my head off after running it for several minutes, no scoring, gouges, scratches, pitting all clean. Just my experience. Happy riding .we.