My New Build

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well...I've got somewhat of a roller. Waiting on my new hub to arrive for the front...will be running disc brake. The rear is a good shimano cb110 coaster. Think I am going to try my hand at a 4 stroke. Probably just the HS142 4G T Belt Drive. I am going to try to make this bike a show stopper. I am going to spend a lot of time in the details and get quality parts. I am not going to rush this build. I have already built one custom build and learned a lot.

The frame is a schwinn del mar. I already welded up the sportsman chain tensioner. I will have the frame powder coated a grayish/pewter and the accent color maybe a creme???

In typical man fashion, I will most likely upgrade the HS with some performance parts from AGK....lol

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Not sure about the gas tank yet. I really do not want to install the standard kit gas tank. Thinking maybe one behind the seat. Phantom bikes sells a pretty nice one I've been eyeing!!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys...

Work has been getting in the way as usual, but I have been doing a few small things to the bike. I am working on the fenders...cutting, beefing them up. I am lucky that at my job I have access to a ton of tools and material. Will post pics as soon as I get some and the build progresses!

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
you build nice bikes! Out of curiousity....do you still have the last one you built?...You know the one I mean??
Did you add that gussett on this schwinn?
Looking forward to watching your progress!!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I still have a rolling frame of the old bike. Engine, exhaust, and rear sprocket set up have been sold. I just didn't ride it enough. I want to build a cruiser and that bike was not meant to cruise. It liked to haul a$$!!

eebboo1

Sep 19, 2013
lincoln ne
he nice looking bike,what size are those forks and are they adjustable and how much did you pay and from were did you get them. thanks.wee.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Haven't really posted on the progress of the build. So far I have the headset and bars. I'm also purchasing some of the less expensive parts. I was gonna have the bike powder coated, but to save money I'm in the process of painting it myself. I'm taking my time on the prep work so hopefully it comes out decent.

Kind of on hold at the moment. My soon to be ex drained one of my accounts, so..........yeah, kinda know where this is going. Hopefully before months end I will have a roller, at least.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Could really use some advice here. I really don't like the dropouts on this schwinn frame. I'm pretty sure they will hold up, but I'd like something beefier and horizontal.

Problem is.....I don't weld and am a tad lost on even how to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated

image.jpg

SAVED1

May 29, 2011
Miami Fl.
Could really use some advice here. I really don't like the dropouts on this schwinn frame. I'm pretty sure they will hold up, but I'd like something beefier and horizontal.

Problem is.....I don't weld and am a tad lost on even how to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated

View attachment 64293
if you have a local machine/welding shop near you i'm sure they can fabricate something for you that would work for a reasonable rate, just a thought :)

SAVED1

May 29, 2011
Miami Fl.
i would use at least that, 3/16 or at least the same relative peace of metal that is around the same thickness as the frame. as for design that is up to you if you want it to be adjustable

or not.