belt drive, maybe?

GoldenMotor.com

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Mama mia!!

How is it coming along? Any problems with it yet? I would love it if you sport detailed information on how it handles, top speed and error correction later when it's finished. Is that sprocket attached to the wooden bracket behind the Honda a tension pulley?
Very slowly! I work on it in fits and starts and over the past 10-11 months not much at all. The wooden pieces and pulley you mention are the mock-up of the jackshaft and the primary reduction driven pulley. The set-up shown above uses a 23t driver on the clutch to a 88t driven on the jackshaft then a 20t driver on the jackshaft to a 96t driven on the rear wheel. The math says the max speed should be the middle 30's.

ocscully

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Very slowly! I work on it in fits and starts and over the past 10-11 months not much at all. The wooden pieces and pulley you mention are the mock-up of the jackshaft and the primary reduction driven pulley. The set-up shown above uses a 23t driver on the clutch to a 88t driven on the jackshaft then a 20t driver on the jackshaft to a 96t driven on the rear wheel. The math says the max speed should be the middle 30's.

ocscully
Great.. It will be a work of art for sure. Like a dentist make sure you brush your bikes teeth after welding in/installing these braces.

Take care..