How long do your tires last?

GoldenMotor.com

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Something like an off the shelf generic cruiser tire is what I'm curious about. I know they'll all be different, but I was just curious.

Not racing them, or anything like that. Just normal wear and tear mileage.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
On my first MaB, I ran the factory tires that came with the bike I used: Schwinn Typhoons. After ~800 miles, the rear tire was bald and the front showed very little wear. I ran them at 35psi and do not skid.

After that, I switched to Sunlite/Kenda Flame, because I liked how they looked. 4 years and over 4000 miles later, the rear is about 50% and the front shows very little wear. I'm still using these tires today. I run them at 40psi, never skid.

On my main bike I'm using Bontrager Hanks, a thin-sidewall semi-slick tire. I have almost 1500 miles on these tires. The rear is about 75% and the front shows very little wear. I run these tires at 65psi front, 75psi rear.

Homer

Apr 20, 2009
SW Houston
I've been running 26x2.5 maxxis hookworms 2 yrs and have about 5000 miles on them rotated them once at about 3000 miles they are both about 90 percent worn. time to replace them. I've had some flats but all in all a good street tire for these mb's.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have one bike with 1,200 miles on it still has the same tires, and they still look almost new, it is a mountain bike and has Bell Kevlar MT tires I think I paid about $12 each for them, same tires wally world sells.

I have another bike with 550 miles on it and it has all those miles on a set of Kenda Khan K935 Semi Slick Tires and they still look almost brand new, and 2/3's of those 550 miles are on rough dirt roads and the other 1/3 of the miles are on pavement. these tires with the thick puncture resistant tubes make a good combination that grips good on dirt and on pavement in my experience and they are holding up good also, the back tire shows slightly more wear than the front but very little difference in the two, I'm sure I'll be replacing the rear before the front but I figure that will be at least 1500-2000+ more miles before I'll have to worry about that.

These semi slick type tires will not last as long as a tire with heavier tread but the rolling resistance is a bit lower and that is why I'm trying them out on this bike, but honestly I'm not sure it really makes that much difference ( "LESS ROLLING RESISTANCE" )

Peace