Riding bicycles that have a seat with a nose can be bad for both men and woman

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I read an article on lifehacker.com about bicycling can be bad for woman and it said: Sitting on a bicycle seat that has a nose can cause men to have erectile dysfunction. Also that its best to have a bicycle seat that puts pressure on the bones, not the tissue. I cannot find the article on lifehacker anymore so I looked it up on google and webmd says its true. Annnddddd i read that if the handlebars are lower than the seat causes more pressure due to the rider having to lean over so far, all the pressure is on the nose of the seat, than a bike with a handlebar above the seat, which puts the pressure on your butt bones. Heres the link
http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/is-biking-bad-for-bedroom

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
That's dependent on seat position. If you run with the seat nose-up, obviously it's going to cut off circulation, it has nothing to do with rider position. In fact, you WANT to lean forward as far as possible, this centers your weight over your pedals which causes you to lift off the seat when pedaling AND puts half your body weight on your handle bars.

But it is correct about sitting on the bones versus sitting on the flesh. A proper saddle is designed so that you rest on your seat bones - but if your riding position is straight up like most people have their cruisers set up, all of your weight ends up there and the pain will be too much to handle. That's why we have cruiser saddles with big surfaces for our entire butt.

*edit* But to sum up: If you ever get a tingling or a numbing, you have to change something. That's when ED or other harm comes into play.