donations

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
as a lot of you noticed on the left side of the forum i put a paypal donation button below our sponsors. let me say first that you are not required to donate to the site. motorbicycling.com is free and always will be. however because of the growth i had to put the site on a dedicated server which is pretty expensive to lease each month. i hope you all are enjoying the site and i will keep adding more features as i find them. thank you again to everyone for making this site such a success! without each of you we would not have such a wonderful site to learn and teach each other about these wonderful machines called motorized bicycles.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cruiser, first and foremost thank you again for putting this together. I hope to be first inline to put some thing in the hat.

The other day I was looking at vBullitan forum trying to find out how to water mark pics so they could not be lifted with out the credit going to the actual builder and realized what all this costs. I was going to PM you and ask if it would be OK to send a lil something. So, ASAP and thanks again.
:ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks dan and everyone else. i was doing fine till we got the dedicated server but it was needed to run the site properly and keep it from crashing.:eek:

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
Thanks for making this forum possible. Those out there have saved me both time and money and added to my enjoyment and knowledge along the way. I just made a donation and hope that others can as well.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Cruiser, first and foremost thank you again for putting this together. I hope to be first inline to put some thing in the hat.

The other day I was looking at vBullitan forum trying to find out how to water mark pics so they could not be lifted with out the credit going to the actual builder and realized what all this costs. I was going to PM you and ask if it would be OK to send a lil something. So, ASAP and thanks again.
:ride2:
Dan have you checked out Gimp? It will do just about anything you want. Easy to add layers like a watermark and then merge them so they can't be removed.

I will also be making a donation. Some other sites I post on (Garden tractor forums, Tractor forums, etc.) use a "Site Sponsor" tag under the poster's avatar. Posters who donate can also include the tag in their signature. They usually have about a $20 sponsorship donation.

The tags are a great way to "spread the word" about supporting the forum. (^)

Ted

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that's a great idea. when you all donate let me know you would like a custom title and i would be glad to give you one. there is no minimum on donations. everything is graciously accepted. you pick the title and i will replace the one you have with it.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I threw a little bit into the pot.
Stopping by the forum is a part of my busy daily routine so just being a member of this forum is enough for me!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
how to donate when paypal is not available?
you do not need to have paypal they just process the transactions thru your paypal account if you have one or they will process your credit card or check for you. when you click on the donate button on the paypal page just click continue on the bottom left where it says don't have paypal account and then you enter card or bank information. paypal is probably the most secure of any banking systems on the net.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I do have a Paypal account, however there is a limitation to 5 transactions per year for non-US accounts. I have used up all my 5 transactions, and have to wait till next year. I did send Paypal an email regarding this and all they responded was gibberish. Not really addressing the problem. How about telegraphic transfer?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
smiling! thank you tech. next year is fine. to do a wire transfer or anything like that is expensive and better just to wait. most places take advantage big time and charge a fortune to do the transfers. this year is about over. it sure did go fast. again thank you all that have contributed so far. it really helps and is aprecitated

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Cruiser, I just dropped a donation in the kitty. This site has become a daily ritual for me with my morning coffee before I head out to the shop. I really enjoy checking out the new posts every day. I am having a blast with the winter build. Got those machines making alot of parts. Oh, by the way, what a painless way to donate. Good job out of you! Keep up the good work.
John

biker

Dec 28, 2007
Nice job cruiser and mods! The site is really nice. Most people do not realize how much work and time is needed to build something like this and maintain it. Keep up the good work. All the money and time i have saved working on my bike and the advice i have recieved from this site to get my bike up and running when i have a problem is priceless. i am proud to give a donation. Like i have heard others say this is a huge owners manual for motorized bicycles which are not free but this site is.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
you have done more then enough and thank you. i want to thank you all for helping out and i want to wish everyone a very succesful 2009. happy new year!
dnut