Need a clutch for hs 49cc 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Have new motor with about 100 miles on it. Broke a clutch spring and replaced it hastily. Broke another spring on second ride. Recalled that while changing spring there was lots lots lots of black dust. Upon looking at pictures of clutches i realized that the pads are worn away! Seems prettt quick so i think i need to bring the idle down a scosh. But im going tp change the clutch fly weights out and was womdering if the tapered shaft clutchs for the mini bikes sold on amazon would work mine is a 78 mm clutch and they look nearly identical and wanted to go that route if i could. Anyone know? Thanks.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Don't think you can put a taper shaft clutch on straight shaft engine. Have you looked on staton-inc ...............Curt

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
A good way to make the clutch last longer is to always pedal the bike when your taking off from a stop...

Just giving it gas like a mini bike (without pedaling) is real hard on the clutch! :(

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
A good way to make the clutch last longer is to always pedal the bike when your taking off from a stop...

Just giving it gas like a mini bike (without pedaling) is real hard on the clutch! :(
YES! And also get the ideal down like he said. Not only that but if his gear ratio is to high it will burn them out in no time............Curt