Not startinging after replacing the piston and cylinder head

GoldenMotor.com

edmunster

Oct 25, 2016
arizona
Hi, I was out on my ride when the spark plug vibrated loose and came out and when it did I heard a popping noise and after tearing it apart I blew a piston ring and had to replace the cylinder body and piston it won't start. When installing the new parts I took the crankshaft to the top of the stroke and for some reason I can't get it started so my question is why won't it start. Any help that I can get would help:-||:-||:-||

edmunster

Oct 25, 2016
arizona
I was out riding and during the ride my spark plug came out and then I heard a popping noise and when I got it home I popped a piston ring and the cylinder head was scratched so I replaced the cylinder head and piston and rings and when I installed the new piston I took it to the top of the stroke and torque the head down and now I can't get the engine to start if any one can help me with this I sure could use it.:-||

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Was the piston the same as the one replaced? The piston should travel almost flush to the top of the cylinder. If its correct start with the basics, fire,fuel,compression.

edmunster

Oct 25, 2016
arizona
I replaced it with the same size and when I reconnected it I took it to the top of the stroke and torque it to spec about 14foot pounds and I got good spark and the clutch is set right but I still for some reason I just can't get it restarted and it doesn't make since.:-||