kings motors gt 80

GoldenMotor.com

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
The GT80 is going in a Silver Electra, just pulled the original motor out of it waiting on FedEx for the new bullet.....or dud.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
sorry didnt get to pull the top end off bike today haveing trouble with the chain tensioner chain keeps poping off tensioner and the spring keeps stretching but i worked on tuneing took the spacer off in between reed valve and intake runs alot stronger cant wait to get my new x chamber and jets for carb

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
Mine is up and running, so far so good. You can tell the exhaust port was opened up, looked good. Slow break in and we will she what's she's got.

Hotch

Jul 17, 2013
Hollister, CA
I'm putting a GT80 in my bike. Still waiting on a few parts to complete the installation. I'm hoping I can get a 36T sprocket from Sportsman. I'll update you all on how it performs compared to the strong running 49cc that came out of it.

Attachments

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
thanks will you please let me know what mods that you do im cutting ports in piston soon adding x chamber and i think walboro carb to start my mods i belive it needs these mods at least i realy like your bike wish i had your tank+

Hotch

Jul 17, 2013
Hollister, CA
thanks will you please let me know what mods that you do im cutting ports in piston soon adding x chamber and i think walboro carb to start my mods i belive it needs these mods at least i realy like your bike wish i had your tank+
I hope it runs fine right out of the box. I'm not planning any internal mods.

The tank is from Sportsman Flyer. Check out the website. Pat, the owner, lives just a few miles from me. I bought this bike from him a few years ago, he used it to display his Panther gas tank. There's still a picture of it on the website. I can't say enough about the quality and craftsmanship of his work. I've seen several of his bikes in person, including the one he runs at Bonneville and they are all impressive machines.

Attachments

Hotch

Jul 17, 2013
Hollister, CA
Up and running. Not sure I have the carb adjusted right, the engine stumbles up the power band. Good idle, good throttle response in neutral. I think I'll run through a tank or two with the break-in oil ratio before I start worrying about peak performance.

salorr33cc

Apr 30, 2016
pennsylvania
yeah it like playing the lottery with these engines,,, and there is 3 motors out there with all types of differences,,, 38mm or 40mm stroke,, short or long piston,,, 5 different connecting rods,,, bushings or bearings,,,,uugggg where does one start,,, and who has the best ???

Last edited: