2016 EXCELSIOR Board Tracker Flat Head Build

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
lol, Ludwig you crack me up! Jeff the bike is also lovely & I'm certain your head is well formed as also. Rick C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got back on the list of items for this bike, wheels are in the works, seat pan build started, and waiting for items to show up for the motor: New cam, springs, valves and a tad bit longer billet rod. Flat Head Fever....

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
How effective is the shock seat suspension? Can you go on long rides without back pain the next day like with a spring seat only setup?

Nice work.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Had a nice board track bike built by someone else, looked great, built great but no suspension...kicked my ass to ride it, suffered for days after...sold it and moved on. This bike will be easy on the back with the seat and fork setup. Working on placement of the shock so I can adjust if needed.

The go fast parts came in, 7500 rpm package should do good. That rod is so cute...lol...too bad it's hidden in that block. Time to get the die grinder out and clean up the ports....

Just had to add that last picture...my true passion is the Dyno Cruisers... #nomoremotors for me....

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Back on the bike project, waiting for a few items that were not delivered with my orders but must move on. Started with a design for bars, if I chose to use internal throttle and brake I need 1 inch bars, committed to do it now...Have 1 inch stainless to make the bars...lets see what happens. Pictures are moc ups of Dyno bars with stainless ends...what do you guys think?

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
The bars nicely complement the curve of the straddle tube and tank top as well. The bars shape also draws the eye to the radius of the springer tubes. Length looks appropriate as well. Simple and elegant addition to your nice build. Rick C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The bars nicely complement the curve of the straddle tube and tank top as well. The bars shape also draws the eye to the radius of the springer tubes. Length looks appropriate as well. Simple and elegant addition to your nice build. Rick C.
Thanks for the input Rick, I have looked this over and will build these bars but will do a modified version of the felt cruiser bars with the cross bar also...happen to be my favorite with the limited supply in the market.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Well a couple updates to this final final final build...lol The rims are done and really like the setup..front radial with no brake, rear disk setup. The rear will have something special for brakes. Got all the motor parts and will start on the mods this weekend. I am happy with the bike so far, should ride real nice.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
As always..soo nice..seeing how the bb is position ed above the frame..do you think removing down tube and chain stay on a crusier frame and and bending up a double downtube sweeping low would workout?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
As always..soo nice..seeing how the bb is position ed above the frame..do you think removing down tube and chain stay on a crusier frame and and bending up a double downtube sweeping low would workout?
Thanks Scratch, I think you could do it if you have the means and if have the means why not start fresh and build a complete frame? Do your own design your style.... Go for it!!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Been on the recovery from pneumonia but bored as ****, making a little progress. Motor work on the agenda for now, got the ports all cleaned up, new valves, new billet rod and the cam in place. Now this little fuker is trying to suck the blood out of my hard work.

Attachments