Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Are these the friends you speak of that would help you take down from stands your vehicle?
Video below is entertainment only I know what is real. They held straight faces though which I thought was a nice touch looking serious.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pushed the tri car outside today and tried to start it with no luck. Great spark but no ignition by either dribbling a little gas down the spark plug hole or through the carb.

I'll get a new spark plug tomorrow and I'll order a new carb. Points need to be checked as well even if the spark is good. Carb started to flood after I'd turned it over for a few seconds but the spark plug wasn't wet so it didn't seem that gas was getting into the cylinder.

Back at it Friday.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Hi Pete,

Wish there was someone to give some help getting it off the stands like you had. As it is we're down to two old duffs in their 70's and they are in feeble fit condition.

Steve.
This half wine barrel with dwarf orange tree I used leverage with long screw driver and 2 X 4's and shims of of wood that first put it on the wagon. When next to where fence was temporarily removed at top of stair case, I raised it further up to meet the landing using log cabin crosses of wood. One of the steel bars is seen on the left side of image where it has a 27lb lead shot weight belt near the end of that lever while I stood back and marveled at what I was doing myself alone. I don't need to worry about having the tree egress indoor/outdoors any more. I now live were it usually stays above 40F.
resize move orangr tree inside.jpg

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
HaHa MT. Although you managed to move that tree container successfully single handed, that photo looks like the 'before' shot on one of those 'You've Been Framed' TV show clips that always end badly.

Steve, sounds like you got the TriCar down from the workbench. Just these last few gas problems to trouble-shoot and we're looking forward to you posting photos of it running with you sat aboard sporting a mile wide grin. dance1

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
As I was reading your comment Rick, I thought about the engine hoist that is right next to the tri car. I believe that part of the problem is solved. We have lot's of straps to hook it up.

No old lads will be hurt in the process.

Steve.

Reactions: FOG and indian22

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Curt, the lapping of the sediment bowl never occurred to me. I have master flats an diamond compound. I have a 1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor and Homelite/Bearcat outboards with sediment bowls too. The Ford has a leak, and you got the fix. Thanks Curt.
Tom

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Curt, the lapping of the sediment bowl never occurred to me. I have master flats an diamond compound. I have a 1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor and Homelite/Bearcat outboards with sediment bowls too. The Ford has a leak, and you got the fix. Thanks Curt.
Tom
LOL! Ya when at the mill guys would bring in all kinds of parts to fix, in the machine shop. A lot of times that's all it took, was to sand it flat...........Curt

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
IMG00265-20100514-1912.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
I think some creative staring would get it down, after seeing MT's picture LOL......Curt
It really is a "Watch This" I know, but I knew if wind started up I'd be running back dropping my cell phone camera and preventing a collapse. I have now to move the tree again to allow room for hops plants, and the handy 3 foot long jeweler screw driver will take no brute force just move it a couple feet over. There is also the attached picture with derrick hoist slide pulley an block. I used this to lift other engine that was 90 pounds, though in the picture was like 25 lb Briggs just to get an idea how I was going to weld on an engine platform to the bike frame. The saw horses were the limiting factor for how much weight I could lift. It takes a bit of time to set up so I reserve it for special needs. In the past at rental space, the 8 ton hoist with above mono-rail thingie can lift and move all around the building. The controller hanging in front of the light work, my motor bike.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The coil is deader than a squirrel trying to cross 6 lanes of Los Angeles freeway traffic in rush hour. Finding a coil for a 40 year old engine that was specifically built for a seasonal application that didn't have a huge following was just a tad interesting.

However E bay and a kind gentleman in Illinois came through and it should be here in about 10 days. Used but other than gaskets there isn't much new. Not surprising since the company has been through a number of owners.

The engine is from a Jacobsen Sno-Burst snow thrower.

For anyone arriving here for the first time or returning to see just what I'm building go back to page 162 and scroll down to the photos. I still have some things to add to the tri car and I'll do that while I'm waiting for the parts.

Thank you all for following along.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ordered some parts for the tri car while I'm waiting for the magneto. First in was a seat. Decent for the price from Amazon. Cost $58 dollars Canadian or $42 U.S.

Needs some aging done to it to knock off the newness.

Steve.

Attachments