Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
re: Dave31 scsw BoXer

Fair,

What Size Sprocket Do You Have On The Motor & Back Wheel?

What Size Chain Are You Using? I May Get My Morini Mounted Some Day!!

May Have Chain Stretch On My Shifter Bike. I Get That Clunk/jerk As I Ride Along. It May Be The Bicycle Chain, But I Think I Used A China Girl Kit Chain From The Motor To The Bottom Bracket. Well, The First Thing To Break Should Be The Problem!!

Am Already Looking Forward To Fall Season And Cooler Days.

Hope 2 Seal`s Is All You Need For The Fork. Later , Ron

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I am running a 48T with a 24" wheel which gives me about 40mph. That's as fast as I ever plan to go on this thing.

You know I have not paid no attention to the chain, but I believe it is a 415. I will measure it later to be sure but I am pretty positive it's a 415.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

My NBR registration........

I would advise anyone to register there bikes with the NBR, its a great way to prove ownership and most law enforcement use the NBR to locate the owners of stolen bikes. If they don't know who the bike belongs too...they can't return it! And if your bike is stolen all you have to do is report it to the NBR and if Law enforcement does happen to run across your bike with someone riding it they can run the serial number to see if it is stolen. Nothing worse then a cop stopping someone on your bike just to let them go because they dont know it's stolen.

I would like to see all vendors sale all there bikes already register to the NBR like Freedom Bikes USA and USAbikemotors

National Bike Registry - Prevent Theft: Register your bike in the NBR Database!

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

My NBR registration........

I would advise anyone to register there bikes with the NBR, its a great way to prove ownership and most law enforcement use the NBR to locate the owners of stolen bikes. If they don't know who the bike belongs too...they can't return it! And if your bike is stolen all you have to do is report it to the NBR and if Law enforcement does happen to run across your bike with someone riding it they can run the serial number to see if it is stolen. Nothing worse then a cop stopping someone on your bike just to let them go because they dont know it's stolen.

I would like to see all vendors sale all there bikes already register to the NBR like Freedom Bikes USA and USAbikemotors

National Bike Registry - Prevent Theft: Register your bike in the NBR Database!
Yes...thanks for that link fr31...that really is a good idea! And get a new seal for that Bomber if you haven't already.

And as a side note, I've seen Morini's on Big Boy full suspension s/u scooters that do 60mph without even breakin a sweat! And their clutches are notorious for exploding!!!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: Dave31 scsw BoXer

BoXer gave out on me during practice at UnDead Race. What acted like it was internal in the motor I am happy to say it's just the clutch (as far I know yet).

I am still very bummed and was afraid to even find out what it was but today I final decided just to find out. Not to mention the numerous PM's asking what happened to it.

Now I am left to wonder what caused this.

:-||

Attachments

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson

120 is perfect, you could throw a ring in it but i would just run it.
Clutches break, at least it was on the outside of the seal.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Thank You...Thank You!! You know who you are....

New clutch here and can finally get this thing back running.

dnut

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I just noticed the springs on the new clutch are bigger diameter then my original springs. I wonder which one I should use?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Yeah I think I am gonna stick with the original springs, at least that way I know when the clutch will engage. I really wish they had a manual clutch for these things.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Oh and I was looking at my starter cover...

Does this look right? I have not touched it and it has made a shiny mark at the spot but to me it seams like it should go on or past that nipple. Or is this the way it is suppose to be anybody know?

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Mine looks the same way and I never touched it. Been working perfect. I don't have the cover off right now but here is an old pict

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I think my stock red springs look the same as yours. This is funny I ordered white springs from M usa. and got tinier springs that of those white ones or my red ones. Where did you get the clutch?