212 Exhaust sound

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I've tried many different exhausts on mine and the one I like the most so far is the glasspack straight thru muffler. It's very quiet on idle but then sounds like a big bore when you open it up. Sorry I don't have a video of it right now. I used to run open header which I like but get tired of quickly due to the noise level and large amounts of attention.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I like yours, it's just the loud harley-esque sound i liked more. Is it really just a long exhaust pipe that makes that sound?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
That's how mine sounds, and I made the exhaust from 1" (maybe it was 3/4"?) black iron pipe from Lowe's, no muffler. It's the smallest size you can get from there anyway, but it sounded great! A little loud, but still awesome.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I'm looking to be loud, but i don't want a dirtbike style sound, i want a harley style sound. the frame i'm building will be a chopper frame. People don't really pay attention here in connecticut when they're driving so being on bicycle sized chopper makes things worse.

Last edited:

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I've tried many different exhausts on mine and the one I like the most so far is the glasspack straight thru muffler. It's very quiet on idle but then sounds like a big bore when you open it up. Sorry I don't have a video of it right now. I used to run open header which I like but get tired of quickly due to the noise level and large amounts of attention.
what size exhaust are you running and if it is a 1" where are you getting the muffler?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I was looking at this video again, spark plug on the tail pipe, alternator with old compressor pulley, for jack shaft, battery for electric start. prety KOOL.........Curt