Home built full suspension custom frame pics!

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yep, low normal and high. Normal was regular pedal speed, supposedly.......Curt
(off topic)
I am reminded of a roofing trip my dad took me on when I was about 13 in an old Chevy pickup with a '3 on the tree'.

I did most of the driving (pops was cool that way) and on the way back the shifter linkage broke so I couldn't shift gears from the lever on the steering column.

That's when pops taught me all about gearing and how to use it in real life.
3rd for the freeway stretch slipping the clutch to get it going, and then 2nd once we got to town by getting out and manually moving the shift linkage. Easy from there so no 1st needed unlike MB's...

I try to take advantage of real 'mechanical advantage' when I can especially dealing with little engine power because literally, gears change everything ;-}

StevenMain

Jul 18, 2016
Texas
Sounds like when I broke the T56 in my Trans Am at the track.. Drove home 75 miles in only 4th lol. Synchro key sheared.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Been there and done that, not mine but was riding with a guy when it happened, Chevy was good for that. The linkage would malfunction and lock up, was not to hard to fix.

Many of times had to drive like that, when clutch went bad, even learned to shift without clutch. get going put in neutral and rev it so the rpm's are right then it would fall in next gear. LOL.......Good old days..............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Dad had a 59 Rambler, revved it to high in second gear synchro's locked up and drove, a long ways with it in second.............Curt

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Been there and done that, not mine but was riding with a guy when it happened, Chevy was good for that. The linkage would malfunction and lock up, was not to hard to fix.

Many of times had to drive like that, when clutch went bad, even learned to shift without clutch. get going put in neutral and rev it so the rpm's are right then it would fall in next gear. LOL.......
Good old days..............Curt
Hehehe, yep.
No fun if you are overload in a 2.5 ton dump truck pulling a one ton roofing tar kettle down hill and have the dive shaft U-joint break either...

It sucks.
I managed to get the rig off the road and run it against some roadway walls and get it stopped, but I still have nightmares about that.

StevenMain

Jul 18, 2016
Texas

Taste of things to come, Honda CRF Fuel tank and seat are on the way and needed to be able to do this correctly.

eventually Ill get around to putting back brakes on I swear! and a damped fork, and an air shock in the rear, and mag wheels :)