ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
The smaller the number the leaner it is. Mine came with the #75 installed and I had to lean it out with a #65 drilled out to #68 to get the best performance out of the carb. I have a #70 in right now but it's guzzling gas out the wazoo, I'll eventually go back to the #68.

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
Yeah it does. I have an RT carb and the SBP throttle. You just have to remove the little hook thing that the cable goes into from the RT carb, and replace it from one with the NT
what's the " hook thing"? are you talking about the slide or the "c" clip?
thanks...

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
I think he's talking about the snout

Rt carbs have a 45* angled snout that the cable slides into, it threads into the top of the carb. thats why you cant use a standard cable, because the inner cable isnt long enough.

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
I'm not one to give up all my tricks.. But there not my tricks anyways..
I stole em' from someone else.. And it looks like the cats out of the bag...
I've been running that carb for quite some time now and it is "the bomb".
I saw someone @ a L.A. ride running the Dellorto. Well the price point was kinda high and I went with the knock off.. Screw it. Never been happier..
Looks good and works even better..
Get yourself some jets and enjoy your M.B... FiNaLLY!!!!!
Oh and a shoty intake. Get one of those..
The intake and knock off carb is still cheaper than a Dellorto. And the price of the Therapist you'll need if your running a CNS. Or the hospital bill when that carb gets you stuck in Gangland!!!
Here's a pic.. It fits quite nice..
Questions?? Hollah @ me!!!
FLIK 1!!!dnut

Attachments

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
That's a gorgeous engine!! bet she runs real nice.

My carb drinks gas like no tomorrow. I put the leanest jet that came with it (70) but I may need to go to 65. His website lists M5 and M6 packs and I'm not sure which work

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
got My RT from DAX last week... installed a #68 jet and I 4stroke at 29mph. so still running the NT till I get the jetting right suck cause I get more performance out of the the stock NT with low profile air filter... in the stock NT i believe that jet in a #70 crazy..

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
got My RT from DAX last week... installed a #68 jet and I 4stroke at 29mph. so still running the NT till I get the jetting right suck cause I get more performance out of the the stock NT with low profile air filter... in the stock NT i believe that jet in a #70 crazy..
I really can't wait to see how the RT Carb performs, cause just hit my fastest speed of 38.2mph with the NT Carb. low profile airxct2xct2filter , expansion chamber, 27t sprocket.. sucks up hills here in Big Island Hawaii but on the flats topping out at 36mph with a wobbly claim shell adapter.... need to do somthing about that...http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/xct2.gif

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
Nice build dude heres mine, i got the adjustable air fuel mixture screw, the choke is not needed on mine as it has something called a semi strangler starting system, you can also see it running along with the reed valves here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4dqSf16xE

View attachment 46790

View attachment 46791
Wow! nice setup.. I need to get an intake like that I have like no space by the seat post tube.. where you get that intake? if you don't mind

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
Wow! nice setup.. I need to get an intake like that I have like no space by the seat post tube.. where you get that intake? if you don't mind

That intake is actually reed valves what you see is just what the carb clamps on to Rock Solid Engines Australia supply them

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Now that I have gotten to ride my bike more, it's not doing too hot. It runs good, but I have lost a couple of mph. Just doesn't go as fast as it used to. Do you guys think I'm probably just running really rich? I put the 70 jet in but maybe I need to get the other jets to go even lower.

Starts really easy though, I don't even need to bother with the choke most the time. Which I guess suggests I'm running rich

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Some old 3.5hp briggs motors have a carb that does that. It closes like an old-fashioned ash-tray, till the engine gets going, and the air coming in keeps the choke open.

Nice build dude heres mine, i got the adjustable air fuel mixture screw, the choke is not needed on mine as it has something called a semi strangler starting system, you can also see it running along with the reed valves here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4dqSf16xE

View attachment 46790

View attachment 46791

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Now that I have gotten to ride my bike more, it's not doing too hot. It runs good, but I have lost a couple of mph. Just doesn't go as fast as it used to. Do you guys think I'm probably just running really rich? I put the 70 jet in but maybe I need to get the other jets to go even lower.

Starts really easy though, I don't even need to bother with the choke most the time. Which I guess suggests I'm running rich
My guess is yes, you need to re-jet smaller.
The color of the spark plug can help you determine the answer. Do a plug chop at the speed at which you are having the trouble and re-jet accordingly.

RobRoy

Feb 26, 2012
Camarillo, California

I have the 68 in both of my bikes.... I just ordered the 65 jet to see how it does.
If you watch this video, (http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/robroyscott952/d83b69bd.mp4) I was filming my fiancé riding. The sound you here is my bike running rich with the 68 jet installed.:-||

newbybikelover

Apr 8, 2012
abilene texas
thatsdax RT high perf carburetor. got to say. best part for the bike to buy :] i do not regret one bit of getting it, now to order smaller jets, .70 is still running a bit rich for me. quick question though, anyone know the difference between ordering the M5 and M6 packages from thatsdax?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Just a tiny bit fat on top.. I would keep that.. This is what you want.. Any leaner and your engine will run hot.. Maybe too hot.. If you have an infa red thermometer, you should have the following ideally, Cylinder head temp 375-385F Degrees F anything over 400 means your motor is burning up. , 2-3 inches from Exhaust ring 1175-1185 is perfect. Enjoy the ride.