Build is coming along...BUT

GoldenMotor.com

Ratchet

Aug 1, 2014
Dallas
Bought the bike at Wally world and started building with the EZ motorbike kit. The kit was great Quentin was really helpful. Now I've got the kit installed on the bike but I need to replace the crank arms with shorter ones so i can still pedal but I can't get the pedals off the crank arms. They are on there so tight. Any suggestions? I uploaded a picture. No garage here been doing this on the floor in my living room lol:-||

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It is actually the reverse. Left pedal is left handed thread. Right pedal is right hand thread. (So that you tighten them while pedaling and not the reverse)

Here is a good pictorial; http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Content_10052_10551_-1_InstallPedals

I have had great luck with "liquid Wrench" But there are many to choose from.

But think they will come off if turned in the correct direction. (LOL, can't tell you how many times I have forgot and cranked the left side the wrong way) Pretty coarse thread and have to be really rusted hard to completely freeze up.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Aug 1, 2014
Dallas
Did finally get it off if there and the whole crank is removed buy having trouble finding a replacement with shorter arms. Any suggestions on where to find them cheap and how to shop for them? I'm sorry I'm such a noob. I'm so close to finishing this bike.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Lots of the little kiddy bikes have the same bottom bracket size with much shorter arms.
Cheapest way I know to get a short crank.
A better fix would be a wide crank kit for normal arms to clear engine.
Most all the four stroke kit vendors have them.