How did you choose your user name?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've been wondering how others came up with their user name, mine is simple. I used my name and the year I was born, some of the user names have to have a good story behind them!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I just wanted something that would be easy to remember with no numeral strings or underscores or anything like that.

So I chose three one-syllable words. Nearly at random.

Oddly enough I came up with something that would almost sound as though it has some meaning. But it doesn't.

(But I do have a fairly humorous story about a goat. But it also included some mind altering substances that are looked down on in polite society. So I don't share it in family friendly places.)

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
I have a business with a front and rear entrance. The rear entrance is a real estate school with DD in the title ....

In the front entrance I have this idea of having a show window full of DD bikes for sale.

I can either teach you to get a real estate license or sell you a bike.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
My user name is first simple, then, complex. Moto, of course is for motorcycle, motorbike, etc. the Pope is for a couple of reasons; I have long been a fan of the old Pope motorcycles, then again, for twenty years I had administrative oversight of 120 - 150 ministers. I mostly had a good friendly relationship with these folks, and many began calling me "the Pope," with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Now retired, I thought it added a bit of whimsy to my user name???

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have always enjoyed working on all things mechanical, things with gears-n-stuff inside them.
For a while I also tried to equip myself with the best, efficient, most time saving tools I could get from the tool trucks that frequented the Harley shops I worked at...mechanics tools or "gear".
I figured the name would suit both of the passions I had when I joined this forum.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I had just been 'let go' as a furniture salesman (the owner found out I was living with the controller of his business empire --- she was about 10yrs older than me and he thought it 'unseemly'....:D). I went to a bar to think about my future and they had this new fangled electronic trivia game. Well, to play, you had to come up with a screen name that fit certain parameters. Since I had sold furniture, I was an ex-salesman --- of which got shortened to XSELER.

I've used this handle since the late 80's.

(Names withheld that thought I may have been a retired dealer of illicit substances......:D)

Last edited:

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I choose my user name based on the kind of bike I ride. A LandRider auto shift. The LR Jerry is just a shortened version of it. My signature is Land Rider Jerry

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
B. is the first letter of my name- My wife started calling me this over 30 years ago and it’s caught on with my family & closet friends-

Even most of my customers use it as it’s how I usually sign E-mails...

-Kirk

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My user name? Well, one time I lost a set of hex wrenches in a move. Wasn't worried at first; never dreamed I'd need 'em too much. Then I had to set up my furniture in this house I now live in. And I had to work on my van shortly thereafter. So I kept borrowing a set from a neighbor down the street who, when he saw me coming, would playfully tell his buddy "Here comes Mr. Allen Wrench". (I may still not have told him my real name yet.) I have since purchased several different sets of Allen wrenches which get more use than I ever would have thought. And I'm now okay with the nickname.