Just an observation.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What deal for you guys who are still installing the monsters. Don't sell them just install them. Then the trouble calls will be to ACE not you. Especially when some kid put regular gas in it, and tries to blame that on the builder.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
fr31) How many engines do you stock?

Clerk) I dont know I only know where one is

fr31) who built the bike?

clerk) I dont Know

fr31) Are you the only Ace that carry them or are there more?

clerk) I dont know

fr31) Do you know if its true that Ace Hardware has a contract to sell these engines in AZ?

clerk) I dont know

fr31) What kind of warranty does the store offer on the motor?

clerk) I dont know

fr31) If this one engine that you do know of is sold will the store order more?

clerk) I dont know

fr31) If I wanted to, could I purchase the entire bike with motor?

clerk) I dont know...Hold on let me get someone that knows about this.

fr31) Okay, Thank You

second clerk) I dont know, I dont Know, I dont know lol

second clerk) Are you interested in buying the engine?

fr31) No, not at this moment

second clerk) I am busy if you are not going to purchase any thing please leave our store.

fr31) Doesn't matter what i said.............

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Wow!!! That guy must be a really busy store clerk. I think I have run into him in nearly every store that I shop in, even answering phone calls for customer service at various places. I used to vow to never shop at a store again if I was treated like that. I slowly started running out of stores, so I had to re-think my approach. Now, I at least ask for a manager, then the store manager, then I write them off. I am sure I will eventually have to change this strategy as well.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
So, I just got back from the Ace. There are 5 stores in Tucson that are carrying these engines. That is because they are all owned by the same guy who saw one of his employees riding one and thought they were pretty cool. So it is a decision by the owner. Since he is selling them across 5 stores I imagine he could place a large enough order to buy them direct from Grubee but I don't know that. Not much more info to share about them.

.trk