New Twist On Banana Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
After setting the pipe exactly the way I wanted it with what ever I could use to shim, block and hold it in place I tacked it together. After tacking it securely I removed it and finished welding it. I'm an experienced welder and was confident that it would fit after welding so I went ahead and painted it with 2000 degree heat paint and installed it after it dried. As I said before I didn't want to drill any holes in the frame or have some crazy looking brackets on it so while the paint was drying I fabricated a doughnut clamp with a drilled and tapped mounting pad from aluminum pipe and clamped it to the rear down tube, and screwed the banana pipe to it. I'm very satisfied with the final outcome. Bonus; it oils my chain for me... lol I'm going to add a 70 to 80 degree curved tail pipe to the end to blow the exhaust away from the bike...
The bike has good midrange torque and really comes alive at the top end. When I blip the throttle the bike jumps forward. I love it....
dance1

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I'm using a gt2a-s frame available online from many sources. Shop around prices vary widely. I bought mine for buck eightytwo including shipping.
Hey mass your gt2 s frame did it come with the rubber spacer for the front motor mount?

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
No rubber spacer (vibration isolator) for the gt2a-s frame, engine mounts on the frame. You can put rubber, leather, or whatever material you want between the engine and the frame.

China engines come with a 1.25 in. diameter (.625 in. radius) front engine mount and the front frame down tube on the gt2a-s frame is 1.5 in. diameter. I'm a big believer in, "kiss" (keep it simple stupid) so I instead of buying or making some kind of mounting adaptor I simply bored out the front engine mount to 1.5 in. dia. it took me all of 15 min. to set up a mill and bore out the mount.

The gt2a frame has a welded engine mount on the front down tube, and no it does not come with a vibration isolator. I made mine from the handle of a grill brush that I bought from home depot for $3... Hope this helps