Looking to buy first kit

GoldenMotor.com

FirstBikeGuy

Jan 16, 2013
Riverview, Florida
New to the forum and the whole idea of putting a motor on a bike. Lookin to buy a 66cc flying horse from bikeberry.com. Can't spend more than 200 and on the website I have the option to upgrade the carberator to "speed" or "performance" carb. Can anyone tell me the difference and if it is worth the extra money? About 20 for the speed one and 50( too much ) for the performance. Also has anyone had good experiences with bikeberry.com? Thank you in advance in case I have trouble trying to use the forum lol.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Welcome to the community.

My first kit was a Grubee GT5 which came with a CNS3 (tge so called "performance" carb). I read many negative reviews of this carb, but I persisted with it, and spent many hours tunining it to perfection. On the contrary, I read many glowing reviews of the NT Speed; this apparently is a beefier NT designed for 66cc engines, which leaves me puzzled as to why Bikeberry is offering the lower performing NT as standard. In any case, my CNS3 is very temperamental, and I spent way too much time coddling it. I bought an nt Speed off of eBay for about $18 delivered and wished I'd done that long before. It is a very simple carb, and my 66cc has run flawlessly since. If you do buy the BB kit, I recommend you just pay the $20 extra for the NT Speed. You may also consider checking out eBay for kits too; you could save like $40 from what I've seen.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the hobby.

Using the 'Search' feature you can fine lots to read on any subject. Here's several pages on the CNS carburetor that might make your decision easier > http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...=1187j644469j4#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=CNS&gsc.page=1

The venerable NT is hard to beat when it comes to simplicity and tuning. The 'Speed' version is basically the same carb with a little larger diameter intake throat. Either one will serve you well as opposed to the trouble prone CNS.

Tom