is it against the law in florida

GoldenMotor.com

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
i ride in williston florida, a friend just got stopped and told motorized bikes are not legal in florida, i do appreciate any comments, but i would like to know if anyone can name an exact florida law that states if a motorized bike is legal to ride in florida or not. i would like to keep a copy of this law in my pocket when i ride, i would also like to know if a liscense or tag is needed.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
i ride in williston florida, a friend just got stopped and told motorized bikes are not legal in florida, i do appreciate any comments, but i would like to know if anyone can name an exact florida law that states if a motorized bike is legal to ride in florida or not. i would like to keep a copy of this law in my pocket when i ride, i would also like to know if a liscense or tag is needed.
Here it is, straight from the DMV horses mouth.

http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/other-types.php

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
From my time here people have fought for the right to ride in Florida. Some locations are worse than others. I advise building to Florida's moped laws. Must have pedals, 50 cc or less, automatic transmission, no manual clutching and operator can't manually shift engine driven gears.

Last edited: