More work than fun

GoldenMotor.com

double trouble

Oct 10, 2011
Motor City
don't go buy a plug . That is a running joke from another thread. The gap will make a difference because of the spark travel across the gap. run the motor until it is warm with the china plug and put the ngk plug back in with a 30 gap. If it does not run you might have fouled it. unlikely .

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
use as big a gap as the mag will fire across. Bigger gap=bigger spark=more combustion! I have also had decent luck using iridium plug. Once used a Splitfire I foung at the junkyard and it gave me a definite power boost! (several people said the same thing! you could feel the difference!) But at 8$plus each, I'm not buying another one...

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I am truly at this point trying to salvage my interest in this hobby.

About a month ago I bought a 48CC kit from Bikeberry.com
Mega Motors Silver 48cc Bicycle Engine Kit

I have spent more time working and trying to get the thing to work than I have spent riding it by almost a factor of 3.

The bike has an insanely hard time starting and I believe that the spark plug is not firing. I peddle with the clutch in and I just hear the piston go up and down and the valves open.

I have tried taking everything apart, cleaning it all out. There is no debris in the carb or the jet and I am sure it pulling fuel because it drains clean when I remove the drainage screw.

If I take the spark plug out after I try to start it it has a thin layer of unburned fuel on it, and even after wiping it off if I try to ground the plug to the motor and spin the tire it does not always spark. I tried replacing the plug with a NGK B7HS and that appears to spark even less often.

I am truely at my wits end at this point. People seem to say that these kits have at least some degree or reliability but so far I have seen the opposite.
I had the same problem ..come to find out it was the plug wire even after I bought a new CDI if your getting a weak to no spark at all it is either the wire the boot or the CDI & I'd drop my Benjamin on the wire & Boot they are the worst as far as quality goes if your using the stock one that is. After like a week of using mine it cracked in like 3 different places I was riding one day and it kept cutting pout I reached down to check the boot and got lit up like a Christmas tree. I had the same issues as you did I wanted to burn my bike at the stake but i stuck it out and now *I finally have a pretty much trouble free ride that is a great amount of fun I remember pedaling around not starting getting so pissed I wanted to strangle someones dog but didn't I kept to it and it eventually it all came together one day and I rode for like 70 miles that day . My nightmare started with the pull starter I bought with the kit The second time I pulled it the bike came a foot off the ground and the kickstand landed on the top of my foot "I had sandals on" I lifted the bike up over my head and tossed it about 15' away broke the clutch lever. Pull starter are a waste of money once I ditched that I was able to drop my motor 6" chain lined up better and it ran awesome after that DONT GIVE UP but if you do sell it to me!.wee.