The Problem with the Pedals

GoldenMotor.com

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
So now everything is set up, my right side pedal hits the edge of the engine and makes it next to impossible to pedal the bike.... any suggestions?
sorry for no pics.

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
Sorry, it's not the engine that's in the way, it's the F-ing exhaust. I tried bending it but I'm having trouble with it, anyone have any suggestions?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
If you can't tillt the engine to get clearance, then take off the muffler, find a solid steel surface like a dumpster and wedge the engine side of the muffler under the dumpster and gently push down and the muffler will bend a little at a time, find a large person if you need help, and keep trying it on the bike to see if you have clearance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The best way I have found is to put the flange part in a vise and lean in to it. I have also kicked em with steel toed boots and while that works, I really don't suggest it.

Way back some one else asked this same question. I forget who but some one parked their car on it and then bent it by hand. The pictures were 2 funny.

There are many ways to deal with this and please post what works for you. Here is a search on the subject. Some great information. muffler clearance - Google Search