I was thinking of using this bike and engine kit

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Grandpa, Welcome to the forum...glad you joined us :D

I'm using a King's 80cc (really 67.5cc) I've got 4,000 miles on it and have been very happy.

To check out some dealers and reviews of some members check this link...http://motorbicycling.com/f3/find-dealer-review-1730.html

To find out which kit is best...read this link...http://motorbicycling.com/f4/kit-best-1764.html

Read this link to get you started...http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycle-motor-preperation-care-354.html

There are a few members using the moon dog
:ride2:

Last edited:

grandpa2390

Jul 13, 2008
what kind of bike did you put it on. and can you compile a list of steps to do it. I've never done anything remotely like this before.

grandpa2390

Jul 13, 2008
thankyou. I now know where my next paycheck is headed. but i have a question. in the diagram, right before the hole is drilled, it looks like he is hammering something. what is that and why.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
thankyou. I now know where my next paycheck is headed. but i have a question. in the diagram, right before the hole is drilled, it looks like he is hammering something. what is that and why.
It is a punch to center the drill and make it easier to drill. I did the same thing and wish I did not....it's not good to drill holes in your frame.

There is a mount you can buy to avoid this.....Live Fast Motors: Bike Motors, Bike Motor Accessories, Bike Motor Kits, Instructions for Assembling Bicycle Motors

351cat

Jun 17, 2008
Missouri, USA
I've got a kings motor and a Moon Dog (the newer orange one) and my motor bolted right on. No mods to the mounts at all. only thing that didnt bolt directly on the bike was the fuel tank. The upper bar on the Moon Dog is oversized, so i rigged it with some zip ties and i got some of that thin metal strap w/ the holes in it i'm going to use to attach it correctly. I think the Moon Dog is an excellent candidate for the HT type engines. :)

Ive got about 25 miles on mine so far. and it's running pretty well. I broke a piston ring when i took the jug off to reseal the base gasket, live and learn i suppose. The motor started right up on the maiden voyage as well. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I've got a kings motor and a Moon Dog (the newer orange one) and my motor bolted right on. No mods to the mounts at all. only thing that didnt bolt directly on the bike was the fuel tank. The upper bar on the Moon Dog is oversized, so i rigged it with some zip ties and i got some of that thin metal strap w/ the holes in it i'm going to use to attach it correctly. I think the Moon Dog is an excellent candidate for the HT type engines. :)

Ive got about 25 miles on mine so far. and it's running pretty well. I broke a piston ring when i took the jug off to reseal the base gasket, live and learn i suppose. The motor started right up on the maiden voyage as well. I was very pleasantly surprised.
What part of Missouri are you from?