Hello from Bozeman

GoldenMotor.com

Criminal Lawyer

Jul 29, 2010
Bozeman
Hello All,
I just built my first motorized bike two Fridays ago (with the help of a friend). I am not mechanically inclined and needed some help. This site has been quite helpful so far and I have already impressed myself with some of the things I have done, such as fixing the float in the carb (which may be nothing for many of you, but a first for me). So, wanted to say thanks to you folks who help us newbies. I'm sure I'll have questions as I continue to challenge myself with my new hobby.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am with you. took me forever to build my first motorized bicycle. each little acomplishment for me was a big acomplishment because i am about as dumb as a rock when it comes to motors but i am learning. glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site as much as we do

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Th shocker is when one day you find yourself explaining to a newbie how to fix the float in his carburetor and it dawns on you just how far along you've come. This is a great place to learn and then share what you've learned.
SB

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
Congratulations on your first diagnosis and repair!
Isn't it a nice feeling to sit back and think "I fixed it all by my self."?
These engines require frequent yet simple maintenance to afford a long life (2000+ miles or so) and few(ish) breakdowns.
Your fun has just begun! :D

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. These bikes are great for learning and teaching some mechanical basics and engine tuning.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum!
Congratulations on your first diagnosis and repair!
Isn't it a nice feeling to sit back and think "I fixed it all by my self."?
These engines require frequent yet simple maintenance to afford a long life (2000+ miles or so) and few(ish) breakdowns.
Your fun has just begun! :D
A warm welcome again! Let me just say that you started out with a trouble free engine so too speak. I'm more than confident you'll get many 1,000's of miles on that little 4-stroke. Enjoy the ride and share your expirience here....cheers!