The need to sell a "kit"

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I mean a TRUE kit. Someone needs to start selling the HT motors completely disassembled and let us put them together ourselves. Heck, it'd save time taking one apart first. laff

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
LOL I second that. At least give 2 options: 1st is the way the kits come now for those who who can't or don't want to assemble an engine and 2nd is all apart and in pieces for those who wish to rework them (i.e. correct all the manufacturing defects).

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I've seen other 2 stroke engines from China offered that way. I would buy one. Gosh, how cheap would the "pre-kit" cost??????? $49-59????

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
The only bad side I foresee is that with the poor quality control in these factories as it is lots of these unassembled kits would probably arrive missing parts.

As a non-sequitur, I used to be into Radio Control cars that you had to assemble yourself nut and bolt and bought a few kits from Associated (American company) and Kyosho and Tamiya (both Japanese) and never had even one nut or washer missing. Good logistics and quality control.

Last edited:

grinNbarritt

Jun 4, 2010
Orcutt CA
If they came unassembled, maybe that would get around the EVIL C.A.R.B regs here in Cali.....Its just a box of "spare" parts then rite?...lol