why

GoldenMotor.com

bakl12

Jul 25, 2009
spring valley
is it that i have to put up my chocke then try to start my engine then put down my chocke so i can ride my bike i have never had this problem before... anyone???:-||

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
is it that i have to put up my chocke then try to start my engine then put down my chocke so i can ride my bike i have never had this problem before... anyone???:-||
"Choke", I guess you mean?

Two things I'd check:
1) your air filter is getting dirty (will still work for a while, but engine is already not producing full power), or-
2) junk in your fuel jet.....
~

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
i lost the idle screw on the motor and i forgot to cover the whole so im guessing air got into it could that be the probelm

Hrmmm....could be...

Did the problem start right after you lost it?

That open hole could be causing your bike to run LEAN. Expect a melted piston in the near future.

bakl12

Jul 25, 2009
spring valley
well i got a new screw for it but i dont know when the problem started because i lost it when i was still installing the motor so i started running it when i got the new screw should i just buy a new motor

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
wait. so you just need the choke to start it, and then it warms up right away and you put the choke down and it's fine?

that's normal.

i start my bike with the choke up, then depending on how fast it warms up, i put it down and everything's fine. usually 10 to 20 seconds with the choke on works for me.

that's what a choke does. it's for cold starts.

bakl12

Jul 25, 2009
spring valley
oh really well this is the first time out of the 8 that ive had that this has happened to me well its good to know im not the only one also saved some money buy not buying a new motor