All ready to go but chain

GoldenMotor.com

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
Ok my back wheel is alittle wobbly and my tensioner wont hold in one spot when i began to pedal it just pops the chain how anybody else had these problems/solutions?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Did you shorten your chain?? Also is your sprocket really centered. And your wheel tight. I know all that sounds like i have lost my mind but it happens.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i had the same thing happen to me and i had to wrap the part of my bicycle where i put the tensioner clamp on with a piece of rubber. then put the clamp on that. i just used the rubber that you put around the rim of tire and it worked. i think the triangle arm on the bike was not big enough to get a tight hold. hope that helps

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I used some cupped washers. You can find them at Lowe's or Home Depot, or a lot of hardware stores.

Also, you wheel (rim) should be pretty straight or you're going to have other problems real quick.

If the sprocket is not centered perfectly on the hub, that's not a huge problem....make sure you have 3/4"-1" of slack AT THE TIGHTEST POINT.

If the sprocket is moving side to side, just retighten all the biolts in a cross pattern going just a turn or so at a time and get that bugger straight.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It doesn't hurt to measure the distance from the back of the sprocket to the rear spoke at each location to make sure they are the same. I did this once the bike shop told me the sprocket was warped. I think I just had it bolted up wrong.