Need Tips And Help , Look

GoldenMotor.com

Jonathan_M5

Aug 7, 2008
hey man i jus recently got this account and was looking for a new job and need somehow to get there and was wondering what bike i should get to mount an engine on. im low on cash right now so it needs to be around $100.00. i looked at several bikes at target but the reviews were fairly low.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!! -Jonathan

this is one of the bikes i was considering, tell me what you think.

look!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
There are lots of bikes that will work. A lot of folks get nearly new bicycles at garage sales and thrift stores for less than 20 bucks. So if cash is tight you might look at something like that. As far as what works best depends on the kind of bicycle motor you are going to use. Here's good place to start looking Classic Instructions for Building and Repairing Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits - Bicycle Engine Kit Classic Posts at Motorized Bicycle Forum Read some of threads in that section. Be sure to read Bikeguyjoe's Motorbicycle preparation and care. Lots of good info there.........................

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Yes, instead of looking for a brand new bike, I'd look at garage sales, thrift stores, craigslist, etc. You're going to get a much better bike for much cheaper.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
as everyone else has said , im just reinforcing yard sale , thrift store = gold mine as far as bikes , you bend a rim and need a new you can pay 30-40 for a new one of thrift store and you have a whole parts bike.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
As normal we have the way! I have built many bikes and yet to build one with a brand new bike. If there not bent or really rusty there a go for me. Man B66's bike is pretty. You can't get that at Target. Wish he would post some pictures so I could drewl close up.(^)

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
This subject is probably already here somewhere, but anyway I have two very large framed Schwinn Varsity bikes gathering dust, I have searched some for this topic but my feeble computer skills are lacking. Has anyone done mods and motorized an old (70s) Varsity?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This subject is probably already here somewhere, but anyway I have two very large framed Schwinn Varsity bikes gathering dust, I have searched some for this topic but my feeble computer skills are lacking. Has anyone done mods and motorized an old (70s) Varsity?

Does the bike you have meet these requirements?

Attachments

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Yep, 27" Schwinn 10 speed. I put a kit on one, rode it once and removed the motor. For ME the rims an tires are way to narrow! Felt like pushing cooked pasta on glass. Speed A+ don't know just how fast it would run. The road racer does NOT like corners. If you have the stuff, and time give it a try. On a flat straight road, with the right gears, I would bet you could see 90 mph.
Can I? yea. Will I? NO way, No How. If I go that fast on two wheels it's going to say Honda somewhere on the gas tankrotfl