6202 bearing installation

GoldenMotor.com

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi guys,

Got my clutch shaft disassembled from my HT, to adjust the inner spring for a lighter pull on the lever as I've read here somewhere.

While at it, I've noticed that the bearings have a bit of resistance, I'm not sure if it was from the grease covering the balls. I was thinking of replacing it again but this time I will not remove the rubber covering from the bearing side, keeping it sealed.

The question is should I remove the rubber covering or it's not a good idea in the first place? Or just keep the bearing sealed?

I'm very sorry if my English is a bit messed up.

Thank you in advance and I hope all is well in your area in this times.

Jeco pec.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I had a cross shaft bearing come apart on me when the motor was less than two years old. I figured it was because I kept the chain too tight, because the bearing on the drive sprocket side failed. There was nothing left from my original bearing but the inner and outer race. I found a replacement bearing at a shop that services quads and other powersports.
The original crossshaft (clutch shaft) bearings are sometimes sealed. If you are feeling resistance in them, it might be better to break the seals and regrease them.
Get another opinion before you try that.

Last edited:

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I will keep that in mind. Maybe tomorrow I will get back on putting back the shaft, I have to find the best bearings first. Thank you wheelbender.