Need a little contructive Criticism (No Hooter's Link) =)

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Next week we will have a larger front mount that will go from over 1.5 to 2 inches. That should work.

BTW yes you can use 2 half links but 2 half links would equal the same as one normal shortening distance of 2 links.

Why didn't you use the supplied tie bracket between the rear mount and right bearing plate?

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Next week we will have a larger front mount that will go from over 1.5 to 2 inches. That should work.

BTW yes you can use 2 half links but 2 half links would equal the same as one normal shortening distance of 2 links.

Why didn't you use the supplied tie bracket between the rear mount and right bearing plate?
I was having a little problem with mounting it in the small space...I Do have it on there but I used a long bolt and passed it through, its not bolted on though. It was pretty hard to screw it on.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Small space? Your kidding right? Your frame is huge compared to mine, you have all the room in the world. Did you read the instructions on how to mount the chain adjuster? It is very simple. Its purpose is to raise the engine and keep your chain tight not suck it down toward the bottom bracket. That is what a bolt would do if I understand how you used the bolt.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Small space? Your kidding right? Your frame is huge compared to mine, you have all the room in the world. Did you read the instructions on how to mount the chain adjuster? It is very simple. Its purpose is to raise the engine and keep your chain tight not suck it down toward the bottom bracket. That is what a bolt would do if I understand how you used the bolt.
Im talking about the small bracket that you recommended in the instructions. Im not talking about the chain adjuster.

When I installled the chain adjuster over time the rod bended.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
OK that makes sense.

That rod should not bend, if it did you didn't have the rear mount clamps tight enough. That rod should take very little force. The clamps can hold the engine by themselves. The rod is just insurance.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
OK that makes sense.

That rod should not bend, if it did you didn't have the rear mount clamps tight enough. That rod should take very little force. The clamps can hold the engine by themselves. The rod is just insurance.
Yup, I knew that. I was just impatient the day I was putting it on.