Magic Pie 3 Doesn't Do anything

GoldenMotor.com

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Mike,
Yeah its a killer hill. They shut down my street when it snows. Maybe I'll try your suggestion in hooking up the good brake. It would save at least one set of brake pads...lol - I've got a 48v 15 Ah battery..what's weird is like after my last ride of 15 miles the throttle light says half. But after 15 minutes or so the Full Light goes back on. I think I put 20 miles on it so far without re-charging. I'll get a better picture once my bike computer arrives in the mail.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here are my settings for my motorized bicycle with a 48v 10ah battery. i do not use pas. the led lights on throttle are worthless in my book. i know my mileage per charge and go by that

Attachments

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That's a good battery. You should get around 30 miles range on flat ground.

The controller will limit continuous current to the max safe for the motor. I imagine the motor is quite warm after a run up that hill. Did you put a hand on it and check?

The good news is with regen you will be able to put a good amount of charge into the battery going down that hill - :)

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks Paul, I'll give your settings a try....Mike, I was concerned about heat and stressing out the motor after the 1st climb up my hill. I felt the motor and to my surprise it was just a little warm...not warm warm just warm. I do have some reservations though about climbing my hill on a regular basis though. (wearing something out). Thanks Again Guys!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
If it's not real warm, by all means, try jacking up the current. More current produces more torque and that will help you up that hill.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I have to go over a mountain every day to work and back home. I pedal assist all the way up. I have put 6,000 miles this year on my motorized bicycle and no problems at all. I live on a Caribbean island and it is nothing but hills and mountains. I would venture to say the climb I do daily is about a mile. like you my engine gets warm but not hot

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Well I went ahead and installed my one working MP handbrake which seems to work (in the garage). Also installed the bicycle computer that came in the mail. Was planning on taking it out for a spin today but another storm moved in overnight and it's still raining and only 40 degrees out. Typical day living in the PacNW convergence zone. Maybe tomorrow? :-||