LOL what?!?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
For $4200 I'd just buy a Sportster. And WHAT has he got in the china girl to make it worth $680 (after shipping.) And the bike just cracks me up. It reminds me of a crazy friend I have that thinks EVERYTHING needs painting, including the chain.LOL.
fatdaddy.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
balanced crank? dax sells em custom made from a mould for $60... porting? Arrow sells pre-ported jugs for $60. Mikuni carb? sells for $100. no exhaust? thats the biggest power maker! chrome covers? $35, but useless, chuck em. High compression head? $90, stock head can be lapped, chuck it. Reeds? $65 Maybe internals like a better piston? ehh, only $40 for a 70cc. So thats a value of $595 tops for $660. Not bad if you think of it that way... until you see the savings when you do it yourself...

Port yourself: $535
Lap the head down 1mm or so: $445. Cooling gains are negligible (if you really want a better head, go with the Puch 70cc hi or hi hi for $40)
balance the crank yourself: $385 + $10 for JB weld filler so $395
ditch the chrome covers: $360
stock piston is fine: $320.
Ditch the reeds, they're too small to see gains from the 18mm mikuni: $255.
use Arrow reeds instead: $320
build your own damn exhaust: $345

Power output: varies depending on power range
Pride: through the roof

Sorry any vendors that may be offended by this: I know you're trying to make money and your products have their places (well... most do) and if you sell lots, great. But prebuilt motors for such high prices I simply do not understand. If dax can custom pour and drill a crank and sell the whole bottom end with it for $60, I dont see any reason why I'm paying $80 for a "tuned pipe" or $90 to even a whopping $180 for a "better" head.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
All I got to say is this. I like my bike a lot better than some of these builds that I see for sale for outrageous prices (not all of them, some of those builds are actually worth what they ask sometimes, but mostly only the non-kit builds. my opinion is you can fabricate all you want and make it look pretty, but a kit bike is still a kit bike). I have about $800 in my 98cc custom cruiser, and accounting for discounts and freebies I estimate the actual value of parts to be about $1200. If my bike were for sale, which it is not, I would let it go for around $1500, maybe 1800. I'm not knocking anyone's fab skills or dedication to the quality of a build, but $4200? Come on, man.